Lending Institutions withdraw from AH in Dublin Docklands

Hi,

Has anyone heard any news yet?

Ive emailed Tania but have had no reply so far.

This is all getting a bit stressful!!

hi lyns
i just spoke to EBS they said they have not signed up to DDDA affordables yet, and no updates from DDDA either.
betty...

I think we need to do something maybe as a group

This needs to be made public.

any thoughts

Hi

I think we should to meet up to discuss things. The only question I have is where and when??

I would be happy to meet up with others! I will be back in Dublin on the 17th of may though so it would have to be after that for me to attend. I will keep an eye here to see any meeting details.

Think the EBS will be telling us something next Tuesday 13th May.

HI

Letter from the ddda waiting for me today when I got home from work , basically telling us everything we already know and have been talking about. This letter is the biggest pile of **** I have every read ,I can not believe it has taken Donal Barron over a month to come up with a letter like this .Did any one else talk to the ddda at the start of this whole possess and ask them if this scheme was the same as the Dublin council scheme ? I did and was told it is. In this new letter the ddda are saying this is a new scheme and that the banks have a problem with it .Sounds like the blame game to me. Any one else wondering why all this wasn't sorted before they offered us he apartments and in turn all of us putting our life's on hold .Sounds like the ddda are passing their screw up onto the banks..

Hi.

I'm away for the next few weeks but I had a friend checking my mail and I got the letter from the DDDA too. Although it was only read out to me the news about EBS and first direct doesnt square with my contact with those institutions. . . but I guess we shall have to wait and see. . . and the other thing that I am unclear about is just how is the scheme different that the other AF scheme. In the letter it mentions that the DDDA will retain ownership of a share of the property. Does this mean that the 20 year clawback scheme is amended in some way? I know that there was some talk of the DDDA wanting to retain some ownership of the property in perpetuity. Anyone had a chance to talk to Donal or Tania and clarify this?
I would be up for a meeting too when I return.
Hope your weather is good over there!

Hi Folks

There is no news as yet on the current situation. Rang my mortgage advisor today who said there is no decision made yet. Talking to a friend about it this afternoon it was suggested to me that maybe its time to get together and try and do something about this. I know this suggestion has been made before but the longer this goes on the less powerful we will be as a group. As someone suggested earlier its time to get vocal and strident about this. Why dont we make a place to meet next week? Anyone who is interested please get back and we'll take it from there. Joe Duffy again and maybe if enough of us are in it some legal advice. I was down in longboat yesterday for lunch and looked at the building wondering if I was ever going to see my apartment. Its bloody crazy. Lets see what we can do eh?

Why dont we make a place to meet next week? Anyone who is interested please get back and we'll take it from there.

Hi,

I am up for meeting. Its about time we meet up and discuss things. where and when??

Hi There

About meeting next week. Somewhere central after work. How about Wynnes Hotel in Lower Abbey Street tuesday evening about 7? Im just putting out a time and place. Anyone else any suggestions? Hope yer having a good weekend.

I think we should def meet up and discuss the issue but i really dont think going to the media will help.
Maybe at the meeting we should arrange that a small number of us meet with the Chief Execuitive of the Docklands Authorithy, see if we can move this on without involving the media.
The CEO might not be fully aware of how things are being delayed and how annoyed all of us are over the length of time this is taking.

That sounds sensible where do you think we should meet? Lets try and do it next week if possible.

Hi guys,
My husband and I are definitely on for meeting up and getting cracking on this. I am happy to work on this as I am on maternity leave at present. We should form a committee to represent all successful affordable housing candidates. I agree with your approach first Traffic to keep it from the public until all other avenues are addressed.
Wynn's Hotel is perfect and I hope no one has any objections to me bringing my four month old baby!

Hi Petalkozie

Is the time ok for you or do you want something earlier especially with the baby? I am on a half day from work on tuesday and could meet in the late afternoon. Is anyone else interested in meeting on tuesday please advise as soon as possible thanks.

Hi Guys

Thanks for getting back. Can we say we'll start to come at about 5 on tuesday how does that sound? Should we maybe wait in the lobby for a few minutes at the start? If that time does'nt suit post a reply anytime is cool with me. Cheers

Hi again,
5 o'clock suits us fine as my husband finishes work at five. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling!
See you in the lobby.

Back