Lending Institutions withdraw from AH in Dublin Docklands

Hi, I also am in the same boat, I was told by my broker that both banks I got approval from (IBB & First Active) have withdrawn & that no bank has signed off with the Docklands. I spoke to Tania & she assured me that was not true, but after reading all your messages am now freaking out, do you really think it wont happen, what can we do. I think going public is a good idea, anyone willing to make the call to a radio station or should we get together to discuss options?

Hi.

So today is d-day. EBS are deciding at some stage today to proceed or not with the DDDA on the AH scheme. If anyone gets a call from their bank with the outcome please post it here. I will do likewise.

How about about going public with this once we know the decision from EBS (I am assuming it is going to be negative!)? I think it's a good idea. If we do it as a group, as Nessa suggested, then we will have a lot more clout!

Better get back to work!!

Hi There

The situation we are faced with is absolutely terrible. I have just emailed the Joe Duffy Show to see if they will bring some light into it. The attitude of the DDDA has been unbelievable. You'd think we were getting the apartments for nothing. Tania has been singing off the same hymn sheet with this situation since the debate began. She said plan B was if they had to finance the lending themselves but my mortgage provider said the DDDA were extremely cavalier about their power in negotiating and they they felt they definately had the upper hand. Maybe Joe Duffy will run with the story. Pat Kenny is another option that programme has a good record with investigative stories and I think its time the DDDA faced up to some responsibility to 95 prospective home buyers which is what we are at the end of the day.

Hi There

Yeah the situation is unbelievable. I have just emailed the joe duffy show outlining what I think is the problem. Hopefully the show might run with it. You'd think we were getting these apartments were going for nothing. We are prospective home owners when all is said and done. Pat Kenny might be another person to contact he has a good record with investigative journalism.
Its time the DDDA came out and told everybody what they really want to achieve with this scheme.

Sorry! Posted two messages its my first time on this site and I couldent find my first posting.

Hi Guys
did any of you get the group email from Tania yesterday ,the reason i know it was a group email is because she forgot to Bcc everyone ? She said in the email that it had all been sorted out !!

Hi Guys
did any of you get the group email from Tania yesterday ,the reason i know it was a group email is because she forgot to Bcc everyone ? She said in the email that it had all been sorted out !!

Hi
I havent recived any e-mail!!

gwysocka
Yea Tania sent a email to what looked like around 30 people.
What development did you get ,I got
a pace in longBoat Quay.

No email here! I gather that quite a few of us have been phoning DDDA re mortage situation. Maybe they are trying to pacify us as I am pretty sure they wouldn't want us mobilising and contacting TD's or doing something like phoning the Joe Duffy Show! lol!
Will await news from the bank before I believe emails from the DDDA! Come to think about it, the email was sent yesterday and EBS were only meeting today! Doesn't make sense unless they have developed the ability to see into the future down there in the DDDA. lol

Yea Tania sent a email to what looked like around 30 people.
What development did you get ,I got
a pace in longBoat Quay.

Samk,
I got place in LongBoat as well. I will get in touch with my bank today to see what the story is. Hopefully it will be a gud news.

I was with bank of ireland and now im told they won't work with docklands, so I have to start the mortgage application process again.

I'm getting really P*ssed off with all of this.

Morning everyone.

I was also picked out for a place in Longboat Quay. I am getting so fed up of the lack of communication from the DDAA. It is completely unfair that we are being left in the dark about everything. Has anybody tried to contact Donal Barron in the DDDA. I have been phoning him for 2 weeks and he hasnt once returned my call. I am going to call over the the DDDA today to try and get some answers.

If anybody has any other news please let us know.

L

hello,
i also have been offered a place in forbes quay, back in november. i am glad to have found this post as i feel more informed.
well, i rang EBS today (our mortgage provider) and was told that EBS have decided not to issue mortgages unless DDDA agree to their terms. DDDA are not likely to do so. Sorry for the bad news. I also rang DDDA and Tania is not available until Tuesday and no one is available in the affordable housing in DDDA until Wednesday!! It is absolutely infuriating. How do they have time off when over 90 people are hanging on to hear about their future homes. I did not get that group email from Tania either.
We cannot afford a normal mortgage and have passed up on other opportunities with the Dublin City Council only now to have this fall through. They have some serious questions to answer.
oh, I am so mad!!! Jammygirl, did you hear back from the Joe Duffy Show?

Hi,

I rang EBS today as well and was told exactly same thing as Petalkozie.
I was trying to ring DDA and Tania is not available till Wednesday.
Donel never reurned my calls either. Trying to talk directly to him since 2 months and still no joy.
I aslo e-mailed Joe Duffy last night after reading what jammygirl said.
I think that if he gets more e-mails about all this mess with DDA, they get more intersted in problem.
Got replay today form producer asking to ring him with more details. Sounds to me as they would be interested doing something about it. I wonder what replay Jammygirl got.

I think we should arrange to call to the Docklands on their return and demand a meeting for some answers.

What do you all reckon?

L

Morning everyone.

have been phoning him for 2 weeks and he hasnt once returned my call. I am going to call over the the DDDA today to try and get some answers.

L

Bring some explosives with you and blow their offices to bits!

E-mail Minister Batt O'Keeffe he is the housing minister at the Dept of Environ. I think he hasn't a clue about the whole affordable housing/shared ownership debacle!!!!

The Dept of Envivron are over the whole affordable housing/shared ownership scheme.
They like to pass the buck to the local councils but affordable housing is government policy.

It's difficult enough to get offered a place then for this to happen to you.

Let your voice be heard. Here are some e-mail addresses to get you started!!!!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Also email your local TD's

Affordable housing was promised by Government. It's about time they started delivering!

Hi All

Got a reply from the Joe Duffy show too. The producer wants me to contact him. I think I'll wait until there has been definitive answer from the mortgage provider. That way there is a definite start to the story. I dont particularly want to go public either not until Im safely in my apartment. I think that's just sensible. Im expecting something soon maybe tuesday, heres hoping that tania was right and they have come to an agreement. Tania said they snag lists were going ahead so its business as usual from that standpoint. As soon as there is a public decision I think we should try and meet up somewhere. What does anyone else think? PS hope yer having a good weekend.

I am behind any one who is proactively trying to do something to get answers for this. I am actually away from Ireland at the moment and can not get access to the Net all the frequently which is why I have not been posting in relation to this. I will be back in two weeks and will gladly help out by going public with this as It’s a total disgrace. If any one hears any news I would appreciate them posting it here so that I can keep an eye on what is going on while I am away. Thanks guys!

Back