Jim Langan's furniture gone bust

I ordered a dining table and 6 chairs back in November paid in full 1400e by visa hope i have some chance of getting it back will call the bank today. does anyone know what the procedure is in finding out who the receiver/liquidator is????:mad::confused:

Does anyone know who the liquidator is yet? I paid a deposit of 200 in Jan, I know its not much but I'd rather that I have it than them! I paid with a visa debit card, phoned halifax and they told me to contact visa europe in the uk, their no is 00442077955777 if anyone needs it.

I have been onto visa this morning and they told me I have to write to them outlining my situation and enclose some kind of proof that the company has gone bust eg; newspaper clippings the number I called was on the back of my visa card 6685500.

I phoned Halifax again, and as I used a Visa debit card, I am covered. Firstly I need to get a letter from the liquidator to state that the company has gone bust and that I did not receive my order. Once I have this letter I send it to Halifax and then they will start a "chargeback" with visa, so hopefully I will get my money back. I just know it is going to be a headache though! Need to find out who the liqidator is......

I called Mastercard this morning they said I need to write to them about this and make my case. If you Google Jim Langan Furniture, about 3 or 4 results down there is a link to the Independent article about this. If you print it maybe it will help your case.

M.

found another one though that you can print, Irish Times have an article about it, Google Jim Langan Furniture and it will be there for you to see! I hope this helps your cases!

M.

National consumer agency's website, consumerconnect.ie will be posting details on all of this as soon as they get them, jsut spoken to a guy in there.

Hi i was onto the national consumer agency and they said keep an eye on their website because there is conflicting reports at the moment, i have paid mostly in cash but with a bit on credit card ... it said in the irish times that people who showed up yesterday were able to take their stuff, anybody know anything about that

by boyfriend just went over to the one in liffey valley and there seems to be about 30 people outside (angry mob )

[broken link removed]

They had this on Gerry Ryan's show this moring. There were about 20 very upset and angry people who had paid for their furniture, could see it in the shop but couldn't get in. Some men were "testing the doors" to see if they could be opened.

Don't know what happend in the end but I'm sure there'll be more on it later.

will have to keep an ear out on what to do might go over myself tomorrow... i tried their phone and their mail box is full...no suprises there

Just been on the nca website and they basically say they are "aware of alleged trading difficulties associated with Jim Langan Furniture. The Agency is not on notice to the appointment of a liquidator or receiver or the nature of the liquidation". So its just a case of wait and see but I think ill stick with the charge back idea.Id rather the money in my pocket than theirs now!!does anyone know anything about those people that went and got stuff from liffey valley??

babsie00, I've my letter for chargebacks in the post already to the bank, I wasn't due to get my table until April so I've no reason to hang around! I just wrote a letter to the bank explaining the whole thing and closed a copy of my receipt and a print out from the irish times website so hopefully that will be enough to get the ball rolling. I really feel for people who may have paid in cash.

My brother has had a credit note for €2,000 from back in April. Used half of it at the weekend in Carrickmines (i assume this is effected in the same way as liffey valley).

Anyone know what happens now to that order? What should I do etc?

I was told only last week by staff in liffey valley that my furniture has been in dublin port waiting on clearance from customs since the 7th feb!! i was considering cancelling my order anyway as i havent been able to contact their customer/delivery service for the last two weeks.been listening to joe duffy talking about the whole thing and he had a member of staff on who said suppliers came into the store on monday afternoon and just started taking furniture off the shop floor .staff had no idea what was goin on so they closed the shop due to "electricial difficulties". seems nobody really knows what the story but my advice is get your money back asap!!

from what i have read there is no chance with credit notes,you would have to write to the liquidator and you would be put on a list if creditors to receive money back and apparently customers are way down the pecking order!!!

Hi. I too have been stung for 500 euro. I dealt with Trish in Carrickmines who I actually know from previous dealings, am really upset she didnt warn me but thats a different story ....
We ordered a table/chairs and sideboard on 27th Oct 2008. It says on the order form that the chairs are in stock, table ordered with 10 week delivery timeframe. It should have been €3,726 for all of it but we got a 25% discount as there was a sale on. They took €500 euro. Anyway, we have been in with them hassling them big time, and got the same old story about the docklands etc - and it was on Liveline again today, some people in much worse off boats than me - but the most annoying thing is the CRO Website - www.cro.ie - is still showing them as status normal, so I dont know how to find out who has been appointed liquidator etc? I got on to the Consumer Agency today, but they dont have any specific information.

Did anyone find out anything further?
Thanks.

Hi. I too have been stung for 500 euro. I dealt with Trish in Carrickmines who I actually know from previous dealings, am really upset she didnt warn me but thats a different story ....
We ordered a table/chairs and sideboard on 27th Oct 2008. It says on the order form that the chairs are in stock, table ordered with 10 week delivery timeframe. It should have been €3,726 for all of it but we got a 25% discount as there was a sale on. They took €500 euro. Anyway, we have been in with them hassling them big time, and got the same old story about the docklands etc - and it was on Liveline again today, some people in much worse off boats than me - but the most annoying thing is the CRO Website - www.cro.ie - is still showing them as status normal, so I dont know how to find out who has been appointed liquidator etc? I got on to the Consumer Agency today, but they dont have any specific information.

Did anyone find out anything further?
Thanks.

is there anyone up in carrickmines today??

From what i can gather from this [broken link removed] is that if they do receive funding somehwere they could potentially stay in business?

Type
Company
Number341595
Name
JIM LANGAN FURNITURE VALUE LIMITED
Address
UNIT 10
LIFFEY VALLEY RETAIL PARK
DUBLIN 22

Registered
10/04/2001
Status
Normal Last AR Date
31/01/2008

Next AR Date
31/01/2009

The 'Next AR Date' refers to the statutory Annual Return Date (ARD). This is a date after 1 March 2002 to which an annual return should be made up. If a company has annual returns outstanding for previous years the obligation to file these returns is a continuing one.
Last Accounts To Date
30/04/2007

[broken link removed][broken link removed][broken link removed][broken link removed][broken link removed]Home|About CRO|Business Registration|Post Registration|Annual Return|
Business Termination|Online Services|Downloads|What's New|Disclaimer|

I spoke with a guy in the National Consumer Agency said they will be posting info on their website as soon as they get it. its consumerconnect.ie. Good luck to everyone!

Back