Israel attacks aid ship

I find that US foreign policy is far more fair minded and balanced on most issues that EU foreign policy. They are willing to speak out against China in Darfur and against the government in Myanmar (Burma). They give much more to help the fight against AIDS in Africa and are far more proactive in supporting and nurturing good governance in African countries. The fact that their policy in the Middle East is so strongly pro-Israel should not blind people to their lower profile broader policies.
The EU on the other hand doesn’t have a proper foreign policy and turns a blind eye to the disgraceful actions of member states in their former colonies.

Yeah I agree.

We'll agree to disagree on the US Purple. They seek to impose their idea of democracy and liberty on people. I'll admit, on paper, their model isn't a bad one, in practice and in the hands the government and military, it doesn't mean squat.

And they too seek the "my enemy's enemy" philosophy to the same extent as those vehemently anti-Israel. All that happens is that one murderous zealot is replaced with another and instead another group of innocent people suffer.

The EU, the UN are just as disgraceful.

I wouldn't say the USA or the EU are as bad as the UN.

Every organisation is a sum of its parts. The UN gives membership and a voice to violent, repressive, human rights abusing and undemocratic regimes.

Every organisation is a sum of its parts. The UN gives membership and a voice to violent, repressive, human rights abusing and undemocratic regimes.

Yeah but the UK's just had a general election and change of government, give them a chance.

This might be slightly old, but I have been sent this link which is true and factual: It is a link from youtube and is quite extraordinary. The link is www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MEtQU5x5sE or if you prefer to type in 'palestinian corruption and humanitarian aid' and you will be brought to this very interesting clip,

what exactly is your point??? Have you any idea how much Isreal/USA spends on defence annually?

In a phrase " Get Real"

noah

So the Israelis should forgo defending themselves from attack but it is OK for billions to be handed to their neighbours that choose to waste their money.

Sorry your point doesn't stick. Maybe you should 'get real', especially when the facts are placed in front of your nose.

Mercman, this itn't news (or at least it isn't new news). The media in the USA have been talking about this for years, including the left of centre CNN. The media in Ireland and the UK (and France) is so anti-Israeli that it doesn't report this sort of thing.

Google Arafat's missing millions for more.

Google Arafat's missing millions for more.

Thank you purple, I am so aware of this. But unfortunately it does appear that the general mass wish to beat the Israelis and the Jewish populous with a stick. Ignorance is bliss and all that, but if people wish to throw insults and to have the world media slice and dice probably the most prejudiced people ever in the world, they may as well read the entire facts and learn of their own inadequacies before they keep making noise and blaming others.

Apologies for reopening a more or less dead thread.

Back