Is Pat Kenny about to go as host of Late Late Show?

ninsaga

Well, now's yer chance to nominate a new host to the Late Late.....

[broken link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Is the Plank about to go?

Surely it has to be Bertie.

Surely it has to be Bertie.

Nooooooo...saw Bertie on some sporting discussion show while flicking channels last night. He looked incredibly uncomfortable - sat on the chair with all the ease of a man announcing to parents that he's got their beloved daughter pregnant and wants to marry her as soon as his jail term is finished.

Nooooooo...saw Bertie on some sporting discussion show while flicking channels last night. He looked incredibly uncomfortable - sat on the chair with all the ease of a man announcing to parents that he's got their beloved daughter pregnant and wants to marry her as soon as his jail term is finished.

He was a bit wooden alright but I thought he did ok. At least he can say he is an amateur. What's Kenny's excuse?

I would like to see a comedian host it. Turn it into something like Jonathan Ross. Dara O Briain would be good. No-one else from that God awful show 'the panel' though.....

He was a bit wooden alright but I thought he did ok. At least he can say he is an amateur. What's Kenny's excuse?

I would like to see a comedian host it. Turn it into something like Jonathan Ross. Dara O Briain would be good. No-one else from that God awful show 'the panel' though.....

Dara O'Briain would be excellent. He's highly intelligent and therefore able to converse on the political and social topics of the day whilst also being a very funny man and therefore making the fluff guests feel at home.

Dara for the Late Late !!!

I think he would be great - but of course there's more of a chance of Willy O'Dea presenting than Dara O'Briain.

True...the RTE favourites will no doubt be lined up...Ryan, Duffy...maybe even Tubridy. How the 3 of them have a career in the public eye is amazing....you wouldn't get tired of beating them !

We need more than someone to play devils advocate (or is it Advocaat ?).

Dara O' Briain would be an inspired choice! - he could say the Angelus and still be funny!

So, obviously it won't be him - RTE will give it to ........Pat Kenny

I'll give 10/1 that the plank will be there in Sept as usual. They always play this up to the wire in the pay negotiations.

Of course it will be Pat Kenny. Do you think RTE have an alternative in their back pocket to deploy at such short notice if they lose Kenny ?

This is the organisation, after all, that came up with the brilliantly left-field idea to replace Joe O'Shea with Sile Seoige :rolleyes: ! Can you imagine the meeting where this was proposed and decided ? I'm sure they all thought they were great buachailli & cailini to have made such a radical and dangerous choice.

As for Dara O'Briain or anyone else taking over to become a weaker version of Jonathan Ross ? Forget it ! There aren't enough cojones in Donnybrook to contemplate such a decision. Anyone else remember Good Grief Moncrieff ?

The Late Late should have something for everyone. Moving away for the current format would alientate even more people than Pat 'Alan Partridge' Kenny already does.

Maybe it's time to let the women take over - Miriam O Callaghan, anyone?

Or.....

Now that Tom Dunne has moved to the morning show on Newstalk, Ray D'arcy might have some competition and fancy a change?!

Now that Tom Dunne has moved to the morning show on Newstalk, Ray D'arcy might have some competition and fancy a change?!

Not ray d'arcy.

He's way too full of himself as it is.

I think Miriam is more suited to political analysis. Her demeanour on her last effort at a chat show was embarrassing. Too much of the 'roish' accent is offputting to 90% of Irish people anyway and tbh, I couldn't listen to her for too long.

I'd safely say that there are more talented people in Newspaper and Radio stations around the country would would do a fine job on a prime-time chat show slot than the bunch of overpaid primadonnas in RTE.

I think Miriam is more suited to political analysis. Her demeanour on her last effort at a chat show was embarassing.

Ya - I agree. She is very good on primetime.
Not so good in light entertainment.

How about Marian finucane?

I think Marian is probably capable and is likeable but I can't see her fronting a show like this.

No chance of Kenny not returning. He'll have to compromise on the salary demands because he needs the job. The recent land dispute with his neighbour where he agreed to purchase the land has left a very big hole in his finances.

I don't have a problem with Pat Kenny. Does'nt it all boil down to the guests on the night and peoples personal choices. If for example you have a lot of sporting guests on a show, that will interest a whole lot of people then the people who have no interest in sport are going to find it quite boring. If you have Daniel O'Donnell on for an hour that well go down great with some and not with others.

I don't have a problem with Pat Kenny. Does'nt it all boil down to the guests on the night and peoples personal choices.

.............eeehhh no!

and jeez, did someone mention Gerry Ryan..... now that would be a hell of alot worse!

Back