Is Boris Finished?

Oh dear, I hope not. He was a constant source of surprises and good copy.

He'll be replaced by some boring non-entity, or someone who is just plain ghastly without the entertainment value.

* As this is shooting the breeze, I am answering this as someone whose initial education in British politics was via Spitting Image, Rory Bremner, Have I Got News For You, Drop the Dead Donkey... and Boris is one of the few modern politicians up there with the best of them. From that perspective.

Up there with Margaret Thatcher - a great source of comedic material.

I remember Scottish Labour Tam Dayell’s description of her in an uproarious House of Commons – “The Right Honourable Lady is a bounder, a liar, a deceiver, a cheat and a crook” to howls of laughter and chants of hear, hear!

I've heard this quote recycled of late...

"The first known case of a rat joining a sinking ship."
- Anonymous report after Herbert Hoover's appointment of Theodore Joslin

Wasn't expecting this...

BBC, Sky News and several newspaper political reporters are reporting that Boris Johnson has sacked Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.

52 members of Government have resigned and Boris is still holed up in Number 10.....It's impressive stuff. I think Ian Paisley is about to become Chancellor and Sammy Wilson is about to become Education Minister for the whole of the UK....And they thought the Union was dead....

Finally gone this morning but even still he's trying to hang on until October. The man has no shame...

I can imagine all the goings-on in the background, but who will be the new PM????

I can imagine all the goings-on in the background, but who will be the new PM????

Well Sunak and Mordaunt are favorites. Can't see Sunak getting it albeit is probably the best candidate. Liz Truss fancies her chances which should sink UK/Rest of World Relations if she gets it... I think there is a big risk that the Tories will actually eat each other...... Also don't see how they can avoid a General Election by early next year (assuming October exit date for Borris).

Well Sunak and Mordaunt are favorites. Can't see Sunak getting it albeit is probably the best candidate. Liz Truss fancies her chances which should sink UK/Rest of World Relations if she gets it... I think there is a big risk that the Tories will actually eat each other...... Also don't see how they can avoid a General Election by early next year (assuming October exit date for Borris).
It's a shame Labour elected the wrong Miliband as leader a few years back. They've had nobody why was electable since. Keir Starmer just doesn't have any charisma. The inability of Labour to find an electable leader has kept the Conservatives in power for close to a decade.

It's a shame Labour elected the wrong Miliband as leader a few years back. They've had nobody why was electable since. Keir Starmer just doesn't have any charisma. The inability of Labour to find an electable leader has kept the Conservatives in power for close to a decade.
Maybe Labour just need to rebrand...."Newer Labour" ? :D

Boris is undoubtedly the best English comedian since the great Tommy Cooper and equally inept ( in Tommy's case his inept magician was an act whereas Boris was a natural)

Boris is undoubtedly the best English comedian since the great Tommy Cooper and equally inept ( in Tommy's case his inept magician was an act whereas Boris was a natural)
I'd say he'd be a great dinner guest but he's not someone to be put in charge of anything or run anything or be trusted with anything.

What I liked about Boris was here was a guy whose default position throughout his life was denial and lies and he still managed to become Mayor of London and PM....Not only that but he then continued to deny and lie at every single opportunity and get away with it. Nobody is even sure how many kids he actually has..

The guy is a legend. I am not even writing him off now!!

What I liked about Boris was here was a guy whose default position throughout his life was denial and lies and he still managed to become Mayor of London and PM....Not only that but he then continued to deny and lie at every single opportunity and get away with it. Nobody is even sure how many kids he actually has..

The guy is a legend. I am not even writing him off now!!
Is there a vacancy in the royal family he could fill?

Saw this online

He hasnt actually resigned... come autumn he will laugh it off and stay as PM.

Saw this online

He hasnt actually resigned... come autumn he will laugh it off and stay as PM.

Yeah it is interesting. I read somewhere that he didn't actually use the word resign...... He still has a trick up his sleeve!! Come on Boris!

Remember, the Tories have an archaic system of voting.

They initially vote on a wide range of candidates. Then after several votes there are a top two who are put into a run-off.

The MPs do the initial ballots to find the top two and then the grey anti eu / royal Britannia Tory party members deliver the final verdict.

They are a very strange bunch

Back