Is €1,900 expensive for a root canal & crown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
reviewed all.
with 80% of Irish pop entitled to state subsidised care really do not have much to do with routine treatments.
Higher end stuff we were way too cheap and we were too busy.
Line queuing theory tells me to either increase capacity, increase speed/productivity or raise prices.
Have increased capacity with more chairs etc, happy with productivity with staff training and continuing education which leaves increasing prices which has been done. :D

Which only leads any sensible person to shop around and have the work done outside the ROI.

Ancutza you assume by the word review this means upwards only.
Not true.
For reatments that require very little chair time like bleaching we have slashed prices as costs have reduced.
What do you think has happened to demand.
Up, up up.
Now more profitable than ever as a result.
I know many colleagues who are doing similar with same results.

Ancutza you assume by the word review this means upwards only.
Not true.
For reatments that require very little chair time like bleaching we have slashed prices as costs have reduced.
What do you think has happened to demand.
Up, up up.
Now more profitable than ever as a result.
I know many colleagues who are doing similar with same results.

Yes. This is what happens in restricted markets, where supply is constrained and demand is increasing. Interesting that you 'know' about pricing activities of your colleagues.

absolutely and totally flawed argument when it comes to procedure like bleaching.........
your hairdresser, beauty therapist discount store, pharmacy and online shops activley market and "provide" this procedure.
I have seen ridiculous damage done by some of these sources to people's dentition. I have researched the market and yes have reduced fees considerably so as to undercut these fly by night merchants so as to benefit our clients.
Like minded colleagues are now doing similar.
10-16% carbamide peroxide is ce approved and can be safely used in the mouth.
I had a case seen by a local beauty therapist who advertised full page for bleaching in a local paper. They were using 40%!! and the marketing ploy was that "your dentist can not get this concentration!!".
Their fee was 150% of ours and they were using completely unsafe concentrations of bleach and sadly this case required root canal treatment which was totally attributable to this bleach concentration.
Buyer beware!

Markowitzman, you have quite clearly stated that you RAISED your prices! A freudian slip perhaps?? Now your trying to finesse the issue by spitting feathers.

Which is it? Did you raise 'em or drop 'em?

Markowitzman, you have quite clearly stated that you RAISED your prices! A freudian slip perhaps?? Now your trying to finesse the issue by spitting feathers.

Which is it? Did you raise 'em or drop 'em?
To be fair, the comment on "increasing prices" has to be viewed in context.

reviewed all.
No mention of increasing all.

Higher end stuff we were way too cheap and we were too busy.
Line queuing theory tells me to either increase capacity, increase speed/productivity or raise prices.
Have increased capacity with more chairs etc, happy with productivity with staff training and continuing education which leaves increasing prices which has been done. :D
Where the "increasing prices" was mentioned was in relation to where the previous review had suggested that on the "higher end stuff" they were "way too cheap".

[No connection with markowitzman or his business]

I having some work done at present and here is some of the prices I'm paying.

Clinical examination €50

Tooth drainage €250

Wisdom tooth extraction €100

Root canal €850.00

All this work done. Now need crown. Told me it would be €1000. I nearly fell off the chair.

This guy is good but these prices are omething else,any comments

hi i was wondering about dental implants. i need one and have been quoted 1300 here in the west of ireland and am wondering if its cheaper up north and if so where would be recommended?

Spoke to this dentist guy I know out here in Romania this morning. He's worked on several of my friends and family members.

A root canal costs 70 Euros but apparently there can be up to 3 to be done in a tooth. Didn't know that!

Spoke to this dentist guy I know out here in Romania this morning. He's worked on several of my friends and family members.

A root canal costs 70 Euros but apparently there can be up to 3 to be done in a tooth. Didn't know that!

I had a root canal treatment done on a back tooth (3 roots) for £250 (Approx €312) in Newry a week ago.

Well that's proof of what I've been saying and it also proves that you don't have to look too far outside of the Republic for sensible prices.

Could you please PM me the details of your dentist in the north Megan. The nephew of a friend of mine has been quoted 800 and 675 Euros respectively for the same work by two different dentists in Dublin. I had suggested to him that he might come out here for the work to be done but he has problems with taking the time off work.

I'd be delighted to pass on the details assuming, that is, if you are happy with the work of the NI dentist.

This is exactly my point aircobra as the current advertising guidelines prohibit this, but thankfully change is afoot and soon the playing field will be level and we can market much more effectively against these sources.
My prices are displayed in waiting room fwiw.

Good news for everyone, the Dental Council of Ireland have issued a new code of practice, which you can download here:

Code Of Conduct Pertaining to Public Relations and Communications

It specifically encourages publication of prices and fees and explicitly allows the use of websites to do so.

Phil

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

far from satisfactory in my book....
does not go far enough and it is a very poor guidance document which is so light on specifics and presents more questions than it answers.
a step in the right direction but only a start albeit a poor one.

RateMyDentist.ie

What we need is a Rate My Dentist website. A Rate My Doctor website wouldnt go amiss either. People could post up prices they paid or were quoted and satisfaction rating of quality of work too.

Hi,
Slightly off topic,but need advice asap. Just moved to Clondalkin area, need to see a dentist soon as experiencing pain. Not familiar with the area and really need to know who to go to. I had two huge fillings put in two back molars approx 2 years ago, at the time I was told the size of them could damage the nerve and may result in needing a root canal. I thought if / when this happened it would be years away. Had some trouble with it earlier this year,went to a Dub City centre clinic who took x-rays. Dentist said they thought there may be the beginings of root damage and i may need a root canal. She said it would be approx 2,000 and wanted to get started straight away -after only saying she thought there may be some damage. I felt she wasn't really paying much attention as she then went on to say, 'Oh you'll want to discuss this with your parents I'm sure' - I'm 26 and living with my partner!!! But anyway, it's been giving me trouble for a few weeks now - very sensitive to hot and cold and I'm now having the awful feeling it has become a bit loose. Absolutely terrified - im ok with dentists in general, but im very squeamish with needles and just knowing what they are doing to me and it often makes me really nauseated and faint - have had experiences where dentists have given out to me when I said I felt sick, so that makes me even more nervous about going to an unknown area now. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back