ID Design - A good bitch

Re: These were Bo Concept before

From an article in today's Indo (registration required)

A DIRECTOR of a Scandinavian-style furniture company who "disappeared" from his premises two weeks ago said he had to shut up shop because he was "threatened" with physical violence by irate customers of the company.

Hes a liar

I've read the article and hes lying. They called us about a week before they closed telling us that our furniture was on target to be delivered, that they were closing for renovations and gave us a mobile number to call.
Then they invited us to buy stuff at their renovation sale. A shop closing for renovations before christmas, i ask you.
We called this number back numerous times and it has never been answered.

by the way

Can anyone tell me if i will definitely get the money back that i paid for the deposit with an AIB Visa from Visa. The thing is i have no insurance on the AIB visa, so i'm a bit worried.

Just got into ID Designs Voice mail

Just got into ID Designs Voice mail and listened to their messages.
Called the mobile number that they gave us and will not answer.
It was full of unheard messages since 11 november.
I listened to them all and saved them. They are not even listening to them. Very irate customers.
Bad sign.
If anyone wants to listen or better, pass this on to a radio station then post here and i'll pass on the details.

As long as you can show that.....

.... vendor has not met with their end of the deal you'll get your funds back. Contact AIB VISA and ask for their chargeback area. They'll advise you on procedure.

You should really contact.....

The Sunday Tribune. Can't remember which of their journalists is covering the story.

For Editorial, contact Tel (01) 631 4300 Fax (01) 661 5302

Re: Hes a liar

You don't need insurance on the Visa Card.
Visa will refund you the full amount taken on the card if you don't receive your goods.
Ring them and explain the problem, then write a letter explaining in detail what the problem is and they will take up your case for you and get the money back from the retailer.
If they can't, they will have to refund you.
I'm not 100% sure about the length of time it goes back to though.

They might be telling the truth....

My bro in law has an order in with them and had sent him on Daithis comments re the helpline. He replied to say that ID had been in touch with him yesterday and that the order would be available sometime next week.

They called us to ages ago just before they closed

They called us to ages ago just before they closed to tell us our order would be delivered and also gave us the mobile number to call.
Its this number that they dont answer. However there are tons of unheard messages (until i listened to them and saved them). The jist is that everyone got a call and since that call cant contact ID Design. If they did happen to say that your goods would be delivered tomorrow if you paid in full today , would you pay?
I wouldn't.

I'm going to give out the number here.
Anyone smart enough to get into their voicemail can listen to their messages.
Hint - they haven't changed their code since they bought their ready to go phone for their scam.
Please dont change the code because this can be sent to George Hook, Tribune etc

Number is 087 2583376

Re: They might be telling the truth....

I got a call from them around 3 weeks ago (after some e-mails sent to Frank-gombeen pictured in Sunday's paper) to say that my order would be ready that weekend-or possibly in 3 weeks time (i.e. this weekend). Needless to say I haven't heard anything since, but am curious as to whether anyone has actually received anything at all from them in the last month? I don't know what to make of this gang-giving an interview and having your picture and address (Malahide) put in a major Sunday newspaper doesn't seem to be a smart thing to do if you are trying to pull off a scam. But then, it's a bit much to assume that anyone who's English is so hilarious to read is a smart enough to disappear quietly.

Good news

AIB Visa refunded our money today. Call them if you got stung by this crowd

Just came across this thread and I recall getting 3 text messages from ID Designs about 3 weeks ago stating that there was a special 25% off all goods only today or something like that. Did anyone else get this ? Were they trying to drum up business by getting deposits by robbing peter to pay paul. I do recall buying a chair from them about a year ago and that is where they must have got my text number !

Re: Good news

In one of yesterday's English newspapers, there was an article that COURTS furniture shops had gone bust (used to have a place on the Naas road in Ireland some years ago).
The sector must be going through a bad time.

[broken link removed]

Sounds familiar?

Cheers for the update RainyDay. I wonder, what good it would do to contact the authorities in Denmark about 'Frank'. Anyone know any Danish journalists?

I didn't lose much money, but I just don't like being swindled.

Back