ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Why should I support a crap Scottish team playing an English game in a crap league ahead of an Irish team playing in a World Cup.

I dont, I support a crap Irish soccer team. My nephew supports Celtic (hardly crap though) and I have a soft spot for them as well.

But that is aside from the issue that I raised, cricket is a boring and genuinely crap colonialist sport play by post-colonial countries and their former masters - soccer is a much more attractive sport and a genuinely world sport.

Maybe we should get loads of Irish women to marry Brazilian soccer stars and put green shirts on them and call them Irish! The cricket team makes Tony Cascarino look as Irish as the Bull McCabe.

I'll be honest there are better sports out there that Irish people excel at that I think are more deserving of support but they dont get enough coverage without people yapping about a no-mark sport like Cricket.

Sorry if my view of the sport doesnt fit in with yours.

I dont, I support a crap Irish soccer team. My nephew supports Celtic (hardly crap though) and I have a soft spot for them as well.

But that is aside from the issue that I raised, cricket is a boring and genuinely crap colonialist sport play by post-colonial countries and their former masters - soccer is a much more attractive sport and a genuinely world sport.

Maybe we should get loads of Irish women to marry Brazilian soccer stars and put green shirts on them and call them Irish! The cricket team makes Tony Cascarino look as Irish as the Bull McCabe.

I'll be honest there are better sports out there that Irish people excel at that I think are more deserving of support but they dont get enough coverage without people yapping about a no-mark sport like Cricket.

Sorry if my view of the sport doesnt fit in with yours.

Have you watched any of the World Cup so far?? One Day Internationals or ODI's are in fact great fun, plenty of action happening all the time. Its a very fast paced game in comparison to normal test cricket. Atmosphere is always electric, especially when played in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or the Carribbean. I dont like watching test cricket. I find it slow and boring.

Cricket is part of life in many old colonised countries, its part of their tradition, its who they are... They play cricket out of the love of the game, nothing else.

New Zealand wouldnt have rugby if the English didnt colonise them. Where would we be without the All Blacks??

Brazil wouldnt have football unless the English didnt bring footballs with them as part of their colonisation of the Americas. That excuse you are using doesnt work. End of.

England v Ireland is on at the moment. Ireland's bowlers did very well in the last 10 overs, restricting England to something like 50 runs. We've lost some of our big hitters very early on but Kevin O'Brien is doing superbly! 76 not out.

We need 106 runs from 90 balls - not impossible!!

The cricket team makes Tony Cascarino look as Irish as the Bull McCabe..

I think if you spent a few minutes checking out the names and backgrounds of the Irish squad, you'd realise your view of the sport is not based on fact or evidence.

Whatever happens, what a performance!! O'Briens knock is one of the best I have seen from any player in one day cricket.

Whatever happens, what a performance!! O'Briens knock is one of the best I have seen from any player in one day cricket.

BBC are saying it could be the best in World Cup history!! Oh I wish I was at home watching this :(

BBC are saying it could be the best in World Cup history!! Oh I wish I was at home watching this :(

It should be the fastest 100 in world cup history. Have never seen anything like it. He has battered them. I think England will hang on but what guts by the Irish lads.

100 off 50 balls. Unbelievable stuff. Previous world cup record was off 66 balls.

So it's possible?

I have no interest (as you might be able to tell) but the wee Irish nationalist with a small n inside me would love to beat the English. Sorry.

Ireland are favourites but it's very close. Beating your closest neighbour is always nice! No matter what the sport!

English commentators comment!

G Boycott: "If you leprechauns can't get over the line now, I don't know... My mum could win it from here; you've done the hard work."

Back