I love the recession

I'm sure you've heard it before Ron, but here's a song, just for you :p

[broken link removed]

I don't normally like the sarky 'how do you find time to post in your public/private sector job' posts but holy cow Ron, I hope you're on a day off from your public sector job today - because you are making yourself easily identifiable with your apollodjs.ie ad at the bottom of your posts (and on your homepage) - and I guess you are the named guy in the testimonials... You have 20 posts in 3 hours in this thread alone... Before I stray into public sector bashing - are you on a day off today?

A la life of Brian, always look on the bright side of life,

My tracker mortgage is down,
Energy prices are down
prices in shops are coming down and there's plenty of good offers around,

If you can't laugh you'll cry and sure what's the point in that, I for one will take my happiness where I can.

A la life of Brian, always look on the bright side of life,

My tracker mortgage is down,
Energy prices are down
prices in shops are coming down and there's plenty of good offers around,

If you can't laugh you'll cry and sure what's the point in that, I for one will take my happiness where I can.

Praise be !!

Oh and i am off......

Ain't Ireland great, always someone ready to knock the guy who gets up off his backside and do a bit of extra work. If begrudgery cost €1 we'd have no deficits in this country.

No begrudgery here, I'm all for rewarding hard work.

Ron may be taking the pee but frankly there's little worse than a bore blowing their own trumpet. If you've ever been cornered by one in a bar you'll understand

I can see you now Mr. DJ / MC

http://www.seatwave.com/filestore/SEASON/IMAGE/peter-kay_000998_MainPicture.jpg

Life is good.

I told a fib coz how could I forget the pound shop (or Euro shop as it's currently called) is my favourite, not Penneys.

I'm happy too coz none of my tenant's have asked (yet) for a reduction. I'm going to be switching over the ESB giving me 10% off, my fixed rates are nearing an end so I'll be switching again to another low rate, I can now do some building that I thought was too costly before, the plumber will come when I call, I'll be able to get to the shops and actually park, BallyK is back on TV, and most of all it's the weekend................

Thread of the week !!! :D

Well done Ron, there'll be riots on t'internet yet about you....I can see the bloggers sharpening their keyboards right now. "Down with Happiness" "Why are you happy when I'm not?" "Recession is bad, mm'kay?"

Nice one...and 'Stay Classy' :)

Well good for you if you love the recession. I too am reaping the benefits of lower mortgage & bargains to be had. Then again I have not lost my job. Love the recession as you may - will you love it as much after the next mini budget when the gubberment start hitting your pay cheque hard with increased taxes, probably increased VAT & excise duties!

I know quite a few now who are struggling big time - they are not loving this at all.

Last edited:
You're working two jobs, one of which is a public sector one. You're depriving someone else of the public sector job - no positive there.

In any country but Ireland he'd be applauded for being industrious.

Ron,

After working 2 jobs for the last 15 years and giving up all your weekends as a result, shouldn't you be retired by now?

Or put differently, you have worked 2 jobs and gave up weekends for 15 years to earn (presumably) the same as someone in the private sector does for a normal mon-fri. Glad you can be so happy about that!

Anyway, I'm off home now to enjoy my weekend - enjoy work!

Or put differently, you have worked 2 jobs and gave up weekends for 15 years to earn (presumably) the same as someone in the private sector does for a normal mon-fri. Glad you can be so happy about that!

Anyway, I'm off home now to enjoy my weekend - enjoy work!

i am, thank you:)

Was just driving into work the other day and was just thinking how much the traffic has improved. It actually just hit me the reason why and I have to say I wished for the traffic back.

Am hearing so many sad sad stories about peoples circumstances that it is almost making me feel bad for doing ok.

Back