HSE: Voluntary Early Retirement Scheme and Voluntary Redundancy Scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard on the grapevine this morning that a significant number of HSE staff are booking in their remaining annual leave entitlement before the end of the year to make sure that they do leave any unused leave before they depart 01 30th Dec.

if they are entitled to it .... let 'em book away!

In any case they are only entitled to take a max of 75% of their entitlement before 31st Dec. The Leave Year runs from 1st April to 31st March.

Heard on the grapevine this morning that a significant number of HSE staff are booking in their remaining annual leave entitlement before the end of the year to make sure that they do leave any unused leave before they depart on 30th Dec.

The road to Newry will be jammed again so ;)

After reading Morgan Kelly's article in todays Irish Times anyone still undecided about getting out of the HSE cant say they were not warned.

Not trying to scare anyone considering opting for voluntary redundancy or early retirement but Bloomberg TV are reporting this afternoon that Ireland has 1 month to stave off a bailout.

I can hear the sound of the stampede from miles away and the queue outside the H.R. managers door is getting longer.

After reading Morgan Kelly's article in todays Irish Times anyone still undecided about getting out of the HSE cant say they were not warned.

belview, are the Government paying you to campaign to scare people out of there jobs or something.

Poeple have careers that they are not going to run from on the off chance that there wont be enought money to pay them. It does not work that way for most people..

Venice

I can assure you that I am certainly not being paid by the Government , indeed I can go further and say that I have never ever even voted for them.

Any opinions or advice I am offering is based on over 30 years working as an executive in the private sector which includes a large amount of industrial relations management experience.

If you believe that there is only an "off chance" of there being not enough money to pay public sector wages then you are not reading the obvious signs out there or else you are listening too much to sunny Jim aka Brian Lenehan. His father was not known as " no problem" for nothing.

OK, so you are advising people in the public service should all rush to the HR office and apply to up and leave there job...and then what should they so. Please explain what they should do then.

OK, so you are advising people in the public service should all rush to the HR office and apply to up and leave there job...and then what should they so. Please explain what they should do then.

Its up to each individual to evaluate the offer , the economic climate the offer is is made in , and their own financial circumstances.

My experience from private industry is that severance packages and redundancy terms have gradually reduced over the last decade. Equally pension terms and entitlements have also worsened. These changes took place not due to the Celtic Tiger crash but because of the unsustainable cost of funding for employers Ask anyone in the private sector and they will confirm this.

The Irish Public service is only starting out on its process of cost cutting and rationalisation. I can say with confidence that the packages on the table today will not be available again.

Its up to each individual to evaluate the offer

Thats my point exactly.

As for comparing private and public sectors... well there is enough treads on that already and they all just turn into one big rant unfortunately.

Looks like contrary to what we are being led to believe that there may be a huge take up of the offer ;
7000 have expressed and interest..7000!!

Looks like contrary to what we are being led to believe that there may be a huge take up of the offer ;
7000 have expressed and interest..7000!!
And if anything like 7000 out of a total of 17000 admin staff do leave, then I for one cannot see anything other than a complete collapse of the HSE .

And if anything like 7000 out of a total of 17000 admin staff do leave, then I for one cannot see anything other than a complete collapse of the HSE .

That might be the case if those 7,000 people actually did anything.

The culture of laziness, inertia, ineptitude and resistance to change within the public service (excluding frontline staff) is disgusting.

The departure of 5,000 or 7,000 people from the HSE's administrative side won't make any difference to the service delivered to the public. That says it all. Excluding the hospitals own HR departments, there are 2,000 people working in HR within the HSE. That is an incredible statistic.

How many work in the HSE now --- about half of them.

30 years experience in the Private Sector with experience in industrial relations management eh ?

You certainly hide it well .

Still they are are only Public Sector workers and are there to be laughed at right ?

Still the originality of the joke is stunning.

Excluding the hospitals own HR departments, there are 2,000 people working in HR within the HSE. That is an incredible statistic.

Are you sure the HR departments within hospitals are not included? I understood he counted everyone within HR ie: HSE and all the voluntary sectors.

Are you sure the HR departments within hospitals are not included? I understood he counted everyone within HR ie: HSE and all the voluntary sectors.

Positive.

I listened to a senior HSE representative on Newstalk last week.

There are 2,000 people working centrally in HR within the HSE and that excludes the numbers employed in each hospital's HR department.

The representative also confirmed that the removal of 5,000 "admin" employees from the HSE would have NO EFFECT on services. So what exactly do those people do?

Anyone who denies that the non-frontline public servants in this country do sweet FA is burying their head in the sand. I deal with them on a daily basis and the majority are lazy, incompetent, institutionalised and grossly underworked.

Positive.

I listened to a senior HSE representative on Newstalk last week.

There are 2,000 people working centrally in HR within the HSE and that excludes the numbers employed in each hospital's HR department.

The representative also confirmed that the removal of 5,000 "admin" employees from the HSE would have NO EFFECT on services. So what exactly do those people do?

Anyone who denies that the non-frontline public servants in this country do sweet FA is burying their head in the sand. I deal with them on a daily basis and the majority are lazy, incompetent, institutionalised and grossly underworked.

You deal with all the PS non frontline staff on a daily basis !

Wow , that's some job - you must be really streched.

You deal with all the PS non frontline staff on a daily basis !

Wow , that's some job - you must be really streched.

Not sure where I claimed that I "deal with all the PS non frontline staff on a daily basis".

With attention to detail, grammar, spelling and wit like that, you should be a Principal Officer.

It's time that the jokers in the public service were purged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back