How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

re:Nissan Primera 2002-2007

I would like to add my own little piece of info for above car owners; havent seen it on thread so far.To remove service spanner do the following:

Switch ignition ON
Make sure radio is OFF
Press and hold INFO button
Turn volume button until menu comes up
Release info button
Using joystick select confirmation and press ENTER by pushing down joystick
Select Service and press enter
Select reset and press enter
Press back button 3 times to return to main menu
Switch ignition OFF

Goodbye service spanner

Can you tell me how to remove the spanner on a 2004 mark V Golf 1.9 TDi. I've been told I need to got to a VW service dealer with diagnostic equipment and obviously a non service dealer charges much less but cannot get the information from VW.
For any body who's interested I discovered the solution from a Google search for removing the spanner icon from my VW Golf Mk V TDi:-

Press and hold Tripmeter button on the RHS of the panel
Switch ignition ON
When information panel lights up, including the service spanner, press minute button on the clock on the LHS of the panel
Switch ignition OFF

Spanner no longer lights up when ignition is turned on.

A stupid question, why would a 2007 Citroen C4 with 7950 k on it have the service sign come up on it at times, not always but usually if the car stalls due to someone unfamiliar with it driving it? I thought it was way too little mileage for a service to be due

Hi Mondeoman,

I have searched this thread but can't find any reference to this one! A friend of mine has a 2004 BMW 525 (I think!) and while travelling with him this weekend, he pointed out that the warning light on the dash referred to a flat tyre (which he didn't have) and that it had been on for months! He wasn't going to go to a main dealer to have it reset, so would have to wait until the next service was due, but can you advise how to switch that warning light off? Many thanks on his behalf.

Hi Mondeoman,

I have searched this thread but can't find any reference to this one! A friend of mine has a 2004 BMW 525 (I think!) and while travelling with him this weekend, he pointed out that the warning light on the dash referred to a flat tyre (which he didn't have) and that it had been on for months! He wasn't going to go to a main dealer to have it reset, so would have to wait until the next service was due, but can you advise how to switch that warning light off? Many thanks on his behalf.

hi, i only have info to remove service warning lights or symbols,not engine warning lights etc.

sorry i can't help you:(

Hi Mondeoman,

Bit of a late reply but the tyre pressure warning is a little over sensitive,check thoroughly that there is no puncture etc.Adjust the tyre pressures to what they should be.
Does the car have idrive? if so you need to access the the pressure reset through the menu.

Good morning

Can you tell me how to reset the Service indicator on a Seat Altea 1.6 petrol 2004. Thanks in advance

Good morning

Can you tell me how to reset the Service indicator on a Seat Altea 1.6 petrol 2004. Thanks in advance

There is No info on Autodata about The 'ALTEA'?? ,but you can try the Ibiza if you want.

Ibiza instructions(02-06)

1-press & hold the trip reset stalk(beside speedo)

2- switch ignition 'ON'

3-the word 'service' will appear in the trip recorder display.

4- Release trip stalk

5- turn stalk to the 'Right' untill '....' appears in the display

6-release stalk.

7-Switch ignition 'OFF'

I hope this works for you.

Seat Altea

Thanks for looking Mondeoman. This didn't work as 'Service' didn't appear but thanks again for taking the time to post.

Hi Mondeoman,
What about service indicator on a 00 VW Passat 1.9TDi

Hi Mondeoman,

I have a 04 Ford Focus 1.6 h/b. A light came on recently, kind of like an engine shape yellow in colour. Can you tell how i can remove this?

Cheers

Jockey

Hi Mondeoman,

I have a 04 Ford Focus 1.6 h/b. A light came on recently, kind of like an engine shape yellow in colour. Can you tell how i can remove this?

Cheers

Jockey

hi, i only have info to remove service warning lights or symbols,not engine warning lights etc.

sorry i can't help you:(

hi mondeoman.. im new to this forum so hope im doing this right... could you tell me how got get rid of the service warning message on an almera o4?

Mondeoman - if you're still about, do you know how to remove the service warning on a Nissan Primera '01.

Not even my car but bugs the hell out of me everytime I get in & he keeps forgetting to ask his mechanic!!

Hi Mondeoman,

Hope you can help. Any ideas on how to get insp indicator off a 1999 Skoda Octavia 1.6?

Thanks
mv

hi mondeoman.. im new to this forum so hope im doing this right... could you tell me how got get rid of the service warning message on an almera o4?

Hello,

Try This,

1- switch ignition ON

2- switch Radio ON

3- start Engine

4- switch Radio OFF

5- press & hold the 'INFO' button

6-Turn volume button at least 30 clicks until self diagnosis menu is displayed and an audible signal is heard.

7- Release info button

8-using centre joystick(on stereo) select confirmation/adjustment & press Enter by pushing down on joystick,

select Service & press Enter.

select Reset & press Enter.

9- Press 'Back' button to return to main menu.

10- Switch ignition 'OFF'

lets know if it works please.

Mondeoman - if you're still about, do you know how to remove the service warning on a Nissan Primera '01.

Not even my car but bugs the hell out of me everytime I get in & he keeps forgetting to ask his mechanic!!

hi.

its very similar to the almera one.

1. Switch Ignition 'ON'

2. Ensure radio is switched 'OFF'

3. press & hold 'INFO' button

4-Turn volume button until self diagnosis menu is displayed.

5.Release .INFO' button.

6.using Joystick select confirmation/adjustment & press Enter (by pushing button)

select - Service & press Enter,

select -Reset & press Enter,

7. Press 'BACK' button 3 times to return to the main menu.

8. Switch ignition 'OFF'

hope this works for you.

Back