How much to tip a hairdresser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have paid €160 for the same and we live in the sticks. However I always give the washer girl a fiver. She is at the bottom of the food chain and on really crap wages.

Sorry for going off topic slightly but does anyone tip other apprentices? For example a plumber came in a did a small job but his apprentice broke his ass, would you give him a fiver for a drink? Maybe it's just a country habit that I got from my mother.

I have paid €160 for the same and we live in the sticks. However I always give the washer girl a fiver. She is at the bottom of the food chain and on really crap wages.

Sorry for going off topic slightly but does anyone tip other apprentices? For example a plumber came in a did a small job but his apprentice broke his ass, would you give him a fiver for a drink? Maybe it's just a country habit that I got from my mother.

My mother would allways cook for any tradesmen that were in the house - would you do that too?

I'd normally tip €10 at the hairdressers, which is usually less than 10%. I just give it to the person at the cash register when I'm paying rather than going looking for everyone who was at my hair.

When I use to be stupid before I became intelligent but now slipping back in to stupidity I would sometimes get my hair cut in Peter Marks. I remember sitting in the chair with cold wet hair while the male hairdresser went off to "check in" some deliveries of hair stuff. By the time he came back to me my hair had almost dried so he had to take out the spray bottle and spray my hair with freezing cold water. Next he disappeared to make phone calls. No conversation...except to his colleagues...Not only did this guy not get a tip...he didn't get paid for the haircut either.

Holy mother of god... I pay €65 for a cut, semi & t-bar highlights and I tip €10 to the staff (as it's so reasonable, I go every 8 weeks... my hair grows like weeds so I'm lucky it's so reasonable...)

My sister is a freelance hairdresser & she charges about €100/€110 for a cut & full head of highlights in North Co. Wicklow - I don't live near her any more otherwise I'd give her the cash instead. Mind you when she was training by god did she put my hair through the mill :eek:

My sister is a freelance hairdresser & she charges about €100/€110 for a cut & full head of highlights in North Co. Wicklow
Some hairdressers ( who never studied or were any good at school ) are making double the money that some more intelligent people who worked hard at school are making. Its an unfair world.

Some hairdressers ( who never studied or were any good at school ) are making double the money that some more intelligent people who worked hard at school are making. Its an unfair world.

Then perhaps they are more intelligent than you give them credit for.:rolleyes:

Oh if only we could all be as intelligent as you rabbit!:mad:

Ditto plumbers, carpenters, blocklayers etc. Academic ability isn't all it's cracked up to be!

And what exactly are you insinuating? In fairness to you, you appear to be pretty balanced with a chip on both shoulders.

Babaduck, does your sister do Kildare area? Any idea of price for all over colour & cut from her?

Congratulations, you have just joined the Top 10 of the most stupid posts... and with honors as you even got the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back