House alarm installer

If you are happy to install yourself & everything works fine & that give you the security you want thats fine.
You are not highlighting the profits being made by installers though. As an installer we must use equipment that conforms to the standards. We do not have the luxury of buying the cheap diy stuff.
An alarm is all about making you feel safe in your own home. If a DIY system does that for you then the system is doing the most important part of its job.
For me the most important thing is the protection of my family. I have a monitored system ( which I pay for the same as everyone else) If I pay monitoring fees for the next 20 years & never require Garda response i'm happy its money well spent. If in the 21st year I press a panic button & get the Garda response that we may need, I would consider the 5000-6000 I have spent on monitoring money well spent.
To each their own I have no problem with people installing their own syatems. I was meerly pointing out the risks to be aware of. Its very easy when filling out insurance forms to tick yes to having an alarm without thinking of the consequences.

Yes Im not knocking getting an installer and would recommend in doing so, all I am pointing out is that if you can not afford to do so fo what ever reason and you have the resources then give it ago. For instance if i was for my business I would get the experts and if I had not back ground in a field of electrical appreciation as it would could turn out dettremenatl to your home. You pay for what you get, one which calls the Garda or a service is a genuine good idea and gives piec of mind, again you get what you pay for... All I have done is satisfied my own requirements in a budget and calculated risk point of view. For intsance do not attemp electric shower if not a certified approved electricain as well as any other house wiring...in my opinion.

Re: Recommend a house alarm company North Dublin?

just moved into a brand new house that had no alarm cables so best option for me was to go wireless.

Soundtech Security gave me the best quote € 650 for two bed room house. I called them on Tuesday and on Wedneday the alarm was set up and ready to go. You can call Anthony there on 01 8473410 or 087 9296766.

Can't recommend them enough (no I am not working for them) - they are very professional, have top technology and are based in Dublin 3, Marino.

Well, I rang them and they arranged to come out to me to give me a quote.....I waited and waited, no sign of them and they never rang to cancel. So I won't be going with them.

Re: Recommend a house alarm company North Dublin?

PM me your details if you want a quote.

In the end, I went with Cuala Security & found them very reliable and professional. www.cualasecurity.com They did exactly what they said they'd do, on time, and didn't try to pressure me into more than I wanted. No connection with them at all, just a happy customer.

Back