House alarm installer

PatriciaFox

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a house alarm company on Dublins Northside?

We have an alarm but the window sensors were removed and possibly damaged when new windows were put in.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Recommend a house alarm company North Dublin?

hi patricia
got my alarm upgraded a few months ago
tricky as we live by a train line
went through a load of guys who just didnt fancy the job or didnt turn up when supposed to recce
in the end marino alarms did it for very competitive price and were tidy, courteous, efficient and reliable
good luck with it

Last week I got two guys to come and price ALARM job -- an upgrade. We have wired alarm system for nearly 20 years and recently its been going off spontaneously--at crazy times!-- price for upgrade to wired was HALF the wireless quote (is this normal?)

We had our hearts set on wireless -the latest technology--anybody got experience of both to share please??

The guys I used from Golden pages were based in Ashbourne (ProfessionalProtectionSolutions John Bennet tel 0870667788) and in Batterstown (Gerry Kealy tel 0872426911).

Both arrived in a day and seemed very professional about their job/ Am going to get aother quotation before I decide though.

cibby, would you mind telling us what sort of quotes you received? I wouldn't have a clue at the sort of money involved for an upgrade (which is essentially what I'm looking for)...

I have a 4-bed house, patio doors, etc- ordinary family home- upgrade e1500 and wireless e2300 from one guy-the other only offered wireless and his was e1600.
A third guy who came, I am afraid I would have no confidence in at all - he seemed a bit stupid and only would re-do all sensors etc- but no re-wiring.
We think our problem is with the wiring....

Let me know if these are similar quotes to those you (or others) get.
I intend to try for another quotation today.

just moved into a brand new house that had no alarm cables so best option for me was to go wireless.

Soundtech Security gave me the best quote € 650 for two bed room house. I called them on Tuesday and on Wedneday the alarm was set up and ready to go. You can call Anthony there on 01 8473410 or 087 9296766.

Can't recommend them enough (no I am not working for them) - they are very professional, have top technology and are based in Dublin 3, Marino.

was that €650 for wireless?
What was included for that?

yes indeed, it included remote control incl. panic button, sensors at the windows (obviously) and moving sensor. it's the same stuff eircom is using.

Last edited:

We had our hearts set on wireless -the latest technology--anybody got experience of both to share please??

Wired is always better, wireless systems are just used to remove the need to chase in cables where they don't already exist. With the wireless, you have to change batteries every now and then.

I don't agree that "wired is always better" I've had a wireless phone watch system for the last 15 years and it's brilliant. No disruption involved in the installation and because it's wireless. sensors could go in the most appropriate places which in our case would have been very difficult if it had been wired.

yes indeed, it included remote control incl. panic button, sensors at the windows (obviously) and moving sensor. it's the same stuff eircom is using.

I doubt it I would be very sceptical of any wirless system for this price.
The equipment costs more than that to buy.

Leo there is no difference now between the reliability of wired or wireless systems. If a wirless system conforms to EN50131 then it has to be as goos as a wired system conforing to the same standard.
As for batteries they will last 5 years plus. When one goes we replace them all together. In that time frame your going to be replacing something anyway

Leo there is no difference now between the reliability of wired or wireless systems. If a wirless system conforms to EN50131 then it has to be as goos as a wired system conforing to the same standard.

I have no doubts about the quality of modern wireless systems, cost is the primary concern.

If you are being quoted that low a price ask what quipment then intend to install

I doubt it I would be very sceptical of any wirless system for this price.

just because other companies rip you off, it doesn't mean that those who give you a fair price are not legitimate. ;) the quote i've stated was based on the company getting offers for more than one house in the same (new) street. they are a NSAI approved company & are licensed by the Private Security Authority. again i don't work for/ with them but i was very pleased with their service.

just seen they have a website, too http://www.soundtechsecurity.com/

would like to thank alaskaonline for recommending Soundtech Security, They put a wirefree system into my home in swords and we are very pleased with the job done and also the service it was all done in 2 and a half hours , my sister out in balbriggan just got hers installed yesterday and is very pleased also.My husbands business premises needed an alarm and cctv and Soundtech Security installed it. So thanks for the reccommendation, and I would also like to recommend them to anyone else here is the guys number Anthony Pigott 0879296766

Their wire free system for €1000 is only 6 zones

Wire Free Alarm System For€1,000 Pack Includes:
1 Control Panel
3 Internal Movement Detectors
3 Door Contacts
1 Dummy Bell Box
2 Inspection Visits a Year Included
1yrs Monitoring Included

What about your windows?
No Mention of an external bell just a dummy box?
Looks like you are getting what you are paying for allright.

would like to thank alaskaonline for recommending Soundtech Security, They put a wirefree system into my home in swords and we are very pleased with the job done and also the service it was all done in 2 and a half hours , my sister out in balbriggan just got hers installed yesterday and is very pleased also.My husbands business premises needed an alarm and cctv and Soundtech Security installed it. So thanks for the reccommendation, and I would also like to recommend them to anyone else here is the guys number Anthony Pigott 0879296766

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Such a glowing recommendation from a first time poster could make AAM users quite wary. Can you confirm if you have any association with this company?

Thanks,

Sue Ellen.

I was thinking the same myself

i have no association with this company other than just being a happy customer.
and colm - yes of course my windows were included! note that like any other company - you get different offers on the website than dealing directly with them e.g. phone.
not sure if sue ellen and colm are really interested in getting an alarm or are just leaving negative comments for the sake of it but if you are really looking for an alarm, why dont you ring this guy and discuss everything in detail with him/ them (it's a company afterall ;) )?
OP asked for a recommendation and that's all i did without any association with the company!

Last edited:

We went down the same route of looking for an alarm a couple of years ago. We eventually went with phonewatch. It would appear that they regularly have special offers which in our case included:

- a set amount of sensors etc with the extras we wanted at a special rate
- free monitoring for 3 years
- interest free option (to pay over 3 years)

We now pay monitoring at €30 pm. this is not the cheapest option but it includes free replacement of any parts that are not working - including sensors. It also includes free servicing.

I have found the system really good. I think overall it's good value for money and have never had any problem with it. The customer service is excellent.

Btw - had a wired alarm in previous house and had nothing but problems with it.

Hope this helps.

Back