Has BFF left the Raisin platform?

bravo

Hi all,
In the process of opening a second fixed-term with BFF through Raisin and waiting on Raisin to answer a query online, but no sign of BFF listed anywhere in the Deposit Accounts today.
Just checking if this is an error or if there's something more to it.

Thanks Clubman,
They're not showing up anywhere in the lists of Deposit Accounts i.e. "less than a Year", "1 Year", "2 Years", etc.
Hopefully just a glitch.

You could send them an email but they take about a week to reply.

On a side note, Banca Privata Leasing have increased their rates.

From;

6 Months 2.15%
1 Year 3.45%
2 Years 3.15%
4 Years 3.19%

To;

6 Months 2.40%
1 Year 3.90%
2 Years 3.83%
4 Years 3.78%

Thanks Clubman,
They're not showing up anywhere in the lists of Deposit Accounts i.e. "less than a Year", "1 Year", "2 Years", etc.
Hopefully just a glitch.
I see - I just logged in and can't see them either.

If you click on the link in post #2 above you will see there is this message:
Please note: Due to the high volume of pending applications that BFF has at the moment, the Bank will not accept new applications temporarily. The offers will be available again on the platform in the next few days. In the meantime you can check other available offers here”

Please note: Due to the high volume of pending applications that BFF has at the moment, the Bank will not accept new applications temporarily. The offers will be available again on the platform in the next few days. In the meantime you can check other available offers here”

Good spot. I wonder if all the media attention on deposit rates this week has caused a surge in BFF applications via Raisin.

Hopefully the offers reappear over the coming days like Raisin says they will.

Thanks everyone.
It seems that page has been updated since earlier. Hopefully the 4% offers come back again shortly.

They cancelled my application after I had lodged the money, and refunded it. I asked Raisin why and they said they wouldn't give a reason. I guess this is why

It has been said "Banca Privata Leasing" is an alternative.
Raisin is listing them as a rating of BBB but I see on another website that they don't have a rating.
Do you think this bank is a safe option or better to go for the lower interest rate with the French bank AA rated. (Wanting a bank with no withholding tax)

Raisin is listing them as a rating of BBB but I see on another website that they don't have a rating.
Raisin do not show the ratings of their partner banks. The rating is that of the COUNTRY where the bank is located. In my opinion this is confusing, bordering on misleading.

Banca Privata Leasing is tiny. With 800m total assets, its about twice our largest Credit Union. They don't appear in top 100 banks in Italy.

If you put your deposit in a bank this size, that you've never heard of, you're showing absolute faith in the Deposit Guarantee Scheme.

It has been said "Banca Privata Leasing" is an alternative.
Do you think this bank is a safe option or better to go for the lower interest rate with the French bank AA rated. (Wanting a bank with no withholding tax)
Try not to let withholding tax put you off any particular bank. It really has very little administrative overhead and won't make any difference to your bottom line - you'll still pay 33% total tax on interest.

Raisin do not show the ratings of their partner banks. The rating is that of the COUNTRY where the bank is located. In my opinion this is confusing, bordering on misleading.

Wow that is incredibly misleading, thanks for the clarification.

Banca Privata Leasing is tiny. With 800m total assets, its about twice our largest Credit Union. They don't appear in top 100 banks in Italy.

If you put your deposit in a bank this size, that you've never heard of, you're showing absolute faith in the Deposit Guarantee Scheme.

That's kind of scary when you break it down like that.

Try not to let withholding tax put you off any particular bank. It really has very little administrative overhead and won't make any difference to your bottom line - you'll still pay 33% total tax on interest.

I guess so, just some hassle to get a tax residency cert involved

I opened a BlueOR account and requested a Tax residency letter via myEnquiries. After 8 days I got a reply asking me to confirm if I will be tax resident in Ireland for the year 2023 or non tax resident in Ireland which is weird. If requested a tax residency letter of course I'm tax resident in Ireland. Then they asked me for a reason why I need such thing.......so far no relpies yet

If requested a tax residency letter of course I'm tax resident in Ireland.
Not necessarily:

BFF are still opening new term deposits for Irish customers when a customer is reinvesting their term deposit maturity money in a new term deposit.

i.e. 4.00% is still available for a 6 month term if you have a BFF term deposit maturing.
Really this is amazing news! I already am with them so will defo stick with them, super convenient to deal with thus far. Im surprised theyl offer you a good rate post maturity, I assumed they would give you a garbage rate and hope you do nothing

BFF are still opening new term deposits for Irish customers when a customer is reinvesting their term deposit maturity money in a new term deposit.

i.e. 4.00% is still available for a 6 month term if you have a BFF term deposit maturing.
I have a BFF deposit maturing on 16/09/2023. About 6 weeks ago there was a message on Raisin offering an extension with BFF. That disappeared about 4 weeks ago and currently there is no option to extend or redeposit with BFF.

Strange. I had a deposit maturing with BFF on 13 September and I was offered the option to extend, I availed of the option and it worked.
Did you take up the offer a few weeks ago while it was displayed in your account? I had that offer advertised but it disappeared when BFF left Raisin.

Side note, the BluOr rates on Raisin for less than 1 year:
4.11% is for 9 months (not 6)
4.01% for 6 months

I'm guessing they've reduced these since the last Best Buy entry. 1 year still 4.21%

Back