George Lee Resigns?

Is this post a record for longevity for two in the morning! Its good to get things off your chest

Has this failed political neophyte not got enough headlines already? He'll have some people in therapy yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
....failed political neophyte......

....and the labels keep coming! :rolleyes:

What is it that annoys you most?

Is it that he didn't live up to your high expectations of politicians?

...or...that he had the gumption to walk away?

It's easy for the rest of us to snipe away behind the anonymity of our pseudonyms. It's a lot harder to resign from the Dail and party, knowing that you're going to be lambasted, even vilified, on all sides.

As I said before....he's gone...get over it....

...unless, of course, you were speaking personally
He'll have some people in theraphy yet

edo - good to hear from you again. I'm working with a few of your former colleagues at the moment and business is just fine, thanks for asking.

Good post, way too long to answer in detail but if you run for office I won’t just vote for you, I'm campaign for you!

Excellent post Edo. I was so impressed I read through some of your old ones as well. Very insightful. Glad to see people like you get involved in politics. Hopefully more people will be inspired to do likewise or at the very least try and re-connect to the politcal system in this Country. We sometimes forget that we own the system, not the politicians. I wonder sometimes if all those years of corruption did more damage to politics in this Country than was ever realised when you speak to people and realise how little respect they have for the system.

By the way, can you use your influence to something about Enda? If you do, my vote is as good as yours. Also maybe keep Leo on a tighter leash!

....and the labels keep coming! :rolleyes:

What is it that annoys you most? ..............
George is passe. He can be discussed 'til we're all blue:D in the face and it won't make a bit of difference. And in answer to your question ....... the fact that people (including moi) :eek: keep discussing his hasty departure. Michael O Leary would be proud of his turn-around time.

my 2 candidates down here in Carlow of whom I was their campaign manager/election agent/speechwriter/canvasser both won in the locals - first time FG has had 2 councillors in the area since the 1920's - and we won Lisbon II - all the same - I

I hope these aren't the 2FG councilers in Carlow you were managing:D

[broken link removed]

George took leave of absence to sort out the country's problems, found out that nobody would listen and ran out the Dail door before the RTE door closed on him

I hope these aren't the 2FG councilers in Carlow you were managing:D

[broken link removed]

No thank Christ - that would be the Ballygamash - oops - Bagnalstown urban district council/commission thingy - town commissions are a total waste of time and money - they have nothing to do - so they get up to this craic and memorials to IRA bombers who blow themselves up and all this kind of trivial nonsense - eejits.

BTW - New poll for the independent taken wed and Thur this week - results just out

Millard Brown
FF 27 up2
FG 34 up 4
LAB 19 down 3
SF 8 up 1
GREEN 2 down 3
OTHERS 10

Cowen 22
Kenny 26
Gilmore 54
Adams 35
Gormley 25
Government satisfaction 13

Go figure as the man says!

What I dont get is if stayed elected as an independent he could have formed an alliance with other 5 independents to challenge government and be of bigger influence than within FG..

Or that he didnt have the gumption to stay?

Is that YOUR preference? That he stay in something he clearly did NOT want to stay in? Stick it out whatever??

BTW, looks like he's set a precedent........any chance Biffo, Jackie and a few others might follow suit....for the good of the country?

I wonder......Would the country be in a better state if the Raving Loony party had been in government for the past 10 years or so? :rolleyes:

George took leave of absence to sort out the country's problems, found out that nobody would listen and ran out the Dail door before the RTE door closed on him
A pretty fair synopsis IMO.

Back