Gardener

lou2

Can anyone recommend a good gardener in Dublin? I know exactly what I want done so I'm not sure if a landscaper/designer is required but I do want someone who actually knows about plants/shrubs as the last time I got someone out to do my garden I was completely ripped off and they destroyed all the plants & shrubs I had. So I would really appreciate a recommendation. I am in the Dublin 15 area.

Re: Recommed a gardener in Dublin?

Hi, I am looking to get a bedding area in the front and back garden cleared out. I have lots of shrubs and plants that have all joined in to each other because I didn't keep them maintained! I bought my house from a couple who were really in to their garden and they had lots of shrubs that required a lot of maintenance. I don't have the inclination or the time for it! I want these areas cleared out and replaced with pebbles and some minature shrubs or flowering plants that look neat but don't require constant pruning! But I also want some other shrubs in other parts of the garden cut back. I just have a standard semi-d garden/jungle!

Re: Recommed a gardener in Dublin?

Hi again. I used to do that kind of work for a hobby. Its not too hard to do, but getting someone would be expensiver, Threy would probably sharge 3000e depending on any hard landscaping (mini walls) and differing levels etc. type of gravel, proper membranes . removal of old plants and stuff, Good luck.

Re: Recommend a gardener in Dublin?

I am again looking for someone to do my garden again. Based on my original post last year I got a great company but they are no longer in the business so am looking for someone else. I need a general tidy up of the garden and planting of some colourful shrubs. My parents are also looking for a job to be done...more extensive. Major clearing out of shrubs and a few small trees in the back garden and planting of some fresh shrubs. Both houses are in Dublin 15. Would really appreciate a recommendation from people who have had good experiences of gardeners. Thanks.

Hi Lou2. We're getting a job done at the moment, using this company: [broken link removed]
I have absolutely no connection with them, in fact I came upon them via a PM recommend on another forum. We got them in to quote and took a leap of faith as their price was good and they seemed like decent people. They are brothers that work together.

We have found them great, we're getting a patio done, and the existing overgrown garden completely cleared. They seem to do everything by the book, each slab in the patio laid with spirit level, lovely curve and detail cut without asking. We're going to get advice re planting from them, but maybe do it ourselves over time. Anyhow, though our job is not yet complete, we have been really happy with them, great attention to detail, good hard work, and I would have no hesitation in getting them in to quote for your job.

Thanks David...I'll give them a shout.

Back