Garden Clean up in West Dublin

Mcgef

Would anyone be able to recommend someone to do a garden clean-up in the West Dublin area?

Many thanks.

Re: Looking for someone to do garden clean-up in West Dublin

You could try Shane Mulligan:
Tree Maintenance and Decking Services (1850 918182 / 087 4131690 / [email protected])

(I have no connection with this company but know of several satisfied customers.)

Thanks Usrbin - I'll give them a go.

Garden & Home tel 041 9865300 or 085 7108080. Provide an excellent service and really know what they are doing.

Just a follow up on this query. I took the recommendation to contact Home & Garden and was more than delighted with the results. Fabulous job and great value for money. Although they are based in Drogheda they were more than willing to take on jobs in Dublin. Quick, efficient service with stunning results. I can enjoy my garden this summer!! I have no personal interest in this company - just thrilled with the job done and feel I should pass on my feedback to others who may be thinking about getting some gardening done.....

I have to agree with that last post by Mcgef. I also contacted Home & Garden based on recommendations on this website and I am thrilled with my garden. It looks fantastic (neighbours now stopping outside to have a look!). I am no longer mortified to have people around. They were very efficent, tidy and could do the job quickly without having to wait for weeks. They could also give good advice about the types of plants to put in as I haven't a clue. Would be more than happy to recommend. I also have no personal interest in the company...found them on this website and am delighted I did.

I used a guy recently who was good in my opinion.

We needed a lot of work done, like several trees shortened by 20 feet, two lawns cut 'coz lawnmower broke, several more trees and bushes cut, general clean up too of several flower beds.. loads to be done really, the waste would have filled my large transit van about three times I'd say, and my van is the longest and tallest...

Got two guys to quote.. first didn't know names of plants and said all could be cut at any time no problem..

Second guy, who I went with, did know the names of trees and plants, brother and father are gardeners, i wasn't there for work so left key with no apparent problems (i.e theft).. bushes nicely cut, waste removed, trees cut nicely, great price, and it was a lot of work, front and back, several trees severly cut (one reduced by 15 or 20 foot), big lawns of one foot grass, like a meadow.. several flowerbeds turned over, 35 foot green bush severly trimmed on both sides and top.. 10 hours work or so for three men... so I was very happy.. no payment until job completed to my satisfaction...

Guy's name was James and is available on
087 7503125
086 3557823

Not sure if I can give prices but say more than 400 and less than 600... can attach before and after pictures if people want... or pm me if you want some info.. I thought it was a great price to be honest

I had looked for recommendations here but didn't really find any.. for some reason I can now find quite a few...

No connection, just very happy with the work. Work was done on Dublin southside but works all over I'd imagine. He says he does all types of garden work and he does seem to know all the names of plants and where they grow, what type of soil and light etc etc which was why I choose him really, and he was 25% cheaper than the other quote I got.

Cheers
Joe

Mcgef and lou2, thanks for the feedback which is very welcome and enhances the usefulness of this forum.

Baldy

Hey!

I am currently looking for someone to do a clean up on two gardens (front and back) and while they are not very big they are completely overgrown and will need to be completely re set. I have got a quote for digging and reseting with stones for the front garden and digging and reseting with turf for the back garden all included €1800 any got any comments on that price????

B

Back