free 32mb memory stick

D

dscanlon

[broken link removed]

From IBM, they post it out with loads of info on it, but hey, nobody says you have to read it

nice one indeed, hope it arrives. wonder when they will stop the offer, it can't be unlimited. pity its not a 128 but free is free.

thanks

I just got an IBM login screen, but I don't have IBM login credentials - am I missing something ?

z

You've to register first to get the freebie. They ask about 32Mb worth of info :D - but you do have the option not to receive further e-mails and/or to have your details passed on to 3rd parties...

DrM - correct diagnosis. I just went through the registration process and at the end of it all they tell me my key is on its way.

Cheers,

z

Vanilla said:
Magoo, do the words 'gift horse' and 'mouth' mean anything to you?:)

Yes. In much the same way as the words " a free lunch" and "No such thing as" also strike a chord.;)

The cynic in me is trying to put a cost of giving one's details against the value of the gift on offer. (I know you can opt out but I'm always wary of giving personal details to strangers.)

Can anyone say how much it's worth?

As a software engineer who often carries source code and plain text documents that I'm working on between PCs/sites 32MB is often more than enough capacity to carry around.

ClubMan said:
32MB is often more than enough capacity to carry around.

But if it's often more than enough there are sometimes when it isin't and you're pissed off that you didn't have a 256 or a 512 !

Back