Ford Focus-Isofix Fittings

hi clonboy, am wondering how you got on with fitting the bracket? just got quoted €200 to get one fitted to a 07 estate by the main dealer in Charleville...

hi there

to be honest it took about five minutes, i managed to leave in the back seat even,, just lifted the base part up and let it flip forward,, would be alot easier if the seat back was out, but i did not really have the time,, baby came early,,,,

anyhow, its just a case of pulling out the 2 rubber plugs where the bolts go in, one broke on me in the hole but i just pushed it all the way thru , then fitted my 2 bolts,, idid have the proper tool for the bolts as they are not like a normal spanner head , they need a torx bit,, if you have the bolts and the bracket, then you can buy the bit to suit the bolt,,

ps, for one hundred euro i could drive to charleville and fit it he he,,

cheers cyril

hi clonboy, am wondering how you got on with fitting the bracket? just got quoted €200 to get one fitted to a 07 estate by the main dealer in Charleville...

Ford main dealer ISOFix fitings: €14.99
Ford Main dealer mechanic per hour: €75 (according to my recent service just last week)

So it takes over 2.5 hrs to install this part. Its nothing short of day-light robbery. My guess is they are pushing the parental fear, uncertainly and doubt (FUD-factor).
'Your children will die a horrible death if you don't put in this €200 part'.

hi there

to be honest it took about five minutes, i managed to leave in the back seat even,, just lifted the base part up and let it flip forward,, would be alot easier if the seat back was out, but i did not really have the time,, baby came early,,,,

anyhow, its just a case of pulling out the 2 rubber plugs where the bolts go in, one broke on me in the hole but i just pushed it all the way thru , then fitted my 2 bolts,, idid have the proper tool for the bolts as they are not like a normal spanner head , they need a torx bit,, if you have the bolts and the bracket, then you can buy the bit to suit the bolt,,

ps, for one hundred euro i could drive to charleville and fit it he he,,

cheers cyril

Hi clonboy,

Do you still have that spare isofix fitting for a ford focus, I have a 2003 model and wondered if it would fit?

Cheers

Back