Fee for Abridged Accounts

cousin_borat

What would be the normal fee for a small business in its first year of trading to file a set of abridged accounts? Turnover small in the first year <100k, monthly books (cheque payments, purchases/invoices, etc) supplied to the accountant.

Thanks

When you say abridged accounts I take that to mean the abridged (shortened) accounts which certain companies are permitted to file with the Companies Registration Office.

Do you mean to prepare audit exempt accounts and then do all related Corporation Tax and Companies Registration Office filing ( including the abridged accounts ) . An accountant will not usually just prepare abridged accounts on their own. If you mean all of this then regardless of size, would not expect to get done for < €1,000+VAT or so.

Depending on circumstances a set of accounts (audit exempt), corp tax return, CRO return and personal tax return assuming clean, up to date bookkeeping and little other personal income - est €800 to €1,000 plus VAT.

Hi,

Depends on the work needs to be done. Is that audit exempt? If you have the clean books and the company is audit exempt then fee shouldn't be too much. I have sent you PM.

Hi,

Depends on the work needs to be done. Is that audit exempt? If you have the clean books and the company is audit exempt then fee shouldn't be too much. I have sent you PM.

Why not let us all have your definition of "shouldn't be too much" for comparative purposes? :)

Why not let us all have your definition of "shouldn't be too much" for comparative purposes? :)

If its audit exempt and only abridegd accounts need to be done then 500 euro is a reasonable fee. I hope that would be sufficient "difinition" for you.

If its audit exempt and only abridegd accounts need to be done then 500 euro is a reasonable fee. I hope that would be sufficient "difinition" for you.

Thanks, it is. Just curious, how much for the remainder of the CRO compliance work and CT compliance work would you consider reasonable. ( my guideline, as you see from the post was for all BTW - statutory accounts, abridged accounts for CRO, CRO B1 & statutory register updating/minutes etc. & CT1) . Just interesting to see what others would be charging given the times we have.

Shop around. You should be able to get a student or someone newly qualified to do it for 100 to 150 euro, no problem. Its not rocket science.

t

Shop around. You should be able to get a student or someone newly qualified to do it for 100 to 150 euro, no problem. Its not rocket science.

t

Just make sure that they have professional indemnity insurance.. in case they make a mess of it and you end up with rejected CRO submissions, late filing fees, necessity for audit etc.etc.

hang on. a full set of books. Bank control, debtors control, creditors control, Vat control, Paye/Prsi control, Net salaries control, directors loan accounts, Form CT1, Form B1, Form 11 for a business with turnover approx 100k and you think they can be done for 100-150??

yeah rabbit.... maybe in india.... I've gathered from other posts that you've made that you're not an accountant so I'm amazed at how you feel qualified to judge what we do when you don't have the experience and education necessary to make that call....

yeah rabbit.... maybe in india.... I've gathered from other posts that you've made that you're not an accountant so I'm amazed at how you feel qualified to judge what we do when you don't have the experience and education necessary to make that call....

Billy . D.F.T.T. ;) it's what keeps him going.

Hi, If company is not trading and never traded with no registration changes, abridged a/c's, B1 filing, CT1 for preliminary taxes , + 0 correspodence in year = €730 net.

Is this an acceptable fee?

Hi, If company is not trading and never traded with no registration changes, abridged a/c's, B1 filing, CT1 for preliminary taxes , + 0 correspodence in year = €730 net.

Is this an acceptable fee?

if it is that basic you could get it done cheaper. look for a discount. if totally straight forward, could get done for around 300 plus vat and filing file of 40

Agree with Papervalue. While there is still a lot of actual paper involved, it is straightforward. ( where audit exemption is claimed ) and should not cost anywhere near as much as €730.

Fortunately yes it is that easy,
But has refused to file until full payment is received even though I have seperate companies trading successfully under his jurisdiction for many years. Is it standard practice to refuse to file thus incuring late fee + per diem penalty after, Money is not an issue in my regard, just the demand for immediate payment prior to filing.

Back