Fee for Abridged Accounts

If accounts are as yet well within time limit for filing and no immediate pressure by CRO then why not engage someone else to do this ? One is not tied to any accountant just because of other work.

On a separate issue if this company has not traded and is not expected to...why not go for voluntary strike off and finish with it.

Fortunately yes it is that easy,
But has refused to file until full payment is received even though I have seperate companies trading successfully under his jurisdiction for many years. Is it standard practice to refuse to file thus incuring late fee + per diem penalty after, Money is not an issue in my regard, just the demand for immediate payment prior to filing.

I would not think it is standard practice. I say the majority would file before receiving payment. After years working with clients you would know who is good for it.

If you are a good client and have always paid- I cant see how an accountant could defend letting you incur late fees in companies office till his fee is paid.

recommend you maybe get a new accountant who looks after your interest and would not let any return go late.

you would demand up front payment before filing if you have little faith the client will pay the accounts fee when due.- maybe one off job

Thank you Gents,

Advice taken onboard, thought it was a bit non standard and unprofessional.

Thanks again

Fortunately yes it is that easy,
But has refused to file until full payment is received even though I have seperate companies trading successfully under his jurisdiction for many years. Is it standard practice to refuse to file thus incuring late fee + per diem penalty after, Money is not an issue in my regard, just the demand for immediate payment prior to filing.
You say money is not an issue yet you are querying the fee. Since I commenced trading I have made it plain to all clients that we do not give credit. Why do you expect it? We also do not submit any returns until the return is paid or we get a committment from the directors, personally, as to when they will settle the bill. What's unprofesional about this? The client is aware of the timescale for payment at all times.

Back