Eddie Hobbs on Ryan Tubridy Sat Night. Very Entertaining!

Re: .

See geegee...it's relatively easy for people to point out your written mistakes. It's also rude...but then people are trying to make a point.

Your ideas on dialect and on those who do not take the (Q)queen's english fully to heart are a little misguided frankly. So too is your assertion that if you don't do things a certain way you're lazy. When I hit 21 or 22 (a long time ago now) I learnt that I'm not always right and presuming that I am, or presuming that there's only one way to do things, is both arrogant and...well...actually quite stupid. Now get down off that pedestal and talk "proper" for gawd's sake :)

Anyhows......did anyone see that langer Hobbs on your man whatshisnames show thother night?

It's for a reason they say that those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones!!

geegee - perhaps it is your own linguistic insecurity that has made you so hyper sensitive to what you perceive as the "laziness" of others

He wasn't exactly easy on everyone else was he?!

And by everyone else I mean the entire English speaking community outside the gates of Buckingham Palace : ))

Feel free to correct me - I really do welcome it, although I regret that this is not the intention of those who do. I never professed to be word perfect but at least I am striving for it.
As an exercise, it would be interesting to do an accent check on all of the offended contributors and also, crucially, their political ideology, which seems to be the real issue for them here i.e. Buckingham palace getting a mention.

Re: Thread gone off course

Time to call it a day here. Any further discussion on accents can take place as mentioned earlier on .

Back