Dunnes Stores "Value Card": When are vouchers due out?

I got less vouchers than I was expecting this time and I shop quite a lot in Dunnes as it's handy.

I got the grand total of 39 euro in green coloured vouchers today, I spend approx 70 to 80 euro per week in Dunnes and had 3768 points.

when i worked in dunnes in my student years you used to have a voucher pouch where you could only exchange cash for vouchers but i guess these days with gift cards things have changed somewhat. Geez I feel old

I exchanged the textiles/hardware one's a number of times for gift vouchers. I did it in different shops too. It is not just one person who didn't know if that is the case. I had a lot of these vouchers around Christmas time and I had no hassle transferring them. A manager had to do it once as the girl couldn't get it to work.

I think the first time I did it I was buying something with a value less than the voucher so I asked if it would be possible to put the rest on a gift card. They agreed and once I knew I could do it I exchanged the rest of my vouchers for gift cards.

Try it they can only say no!

Lol, what's so hard about saying no? No-one's going to badger you asking you why you don't have one, throwing the form in your face.

We have to ask. If you're on tills for hours and you forget to ask one person, that person will always produce the card when the sale is done and go absolutely mental. One reduced a girl I work with to tears one day. The sale will always be small and mean they've lost out on a whole 10 points or something, ughh. People do moan about this to head office too. I don't ask people who look like they're tourists/people who look too young to care about having one and in general, men, unless there's a wife somewhere.

Also- you're not supposed to exchange valueclub vouchers for gift cards, obviously it goes on but I've never been asked to do it, or seen anyone being asked to.

Actually one checkout person did badger me one day. She asked why I didn't want one. I was not amused tbh.

You would think after going in there almost every day they would know that you don't want one?

Actually one checkout person did badger me one day. She asked why I didn't want one. I was not amused tbh.

You would think after going in there almost every day they would know that you don't want one?

As you are shopping there anyway, why don't you want one? We just got ours in the mail and have a total of 85 Euros between textiles and groceries. I usually use mine to buy the extra stuff for Christmas

I also got 5 euro in grocery vouchers this week. I think it is quite good, actually, as I buy little things at Dunnes and I am a one person family...

As you are shopping there anyway, why don't you want one?

As per my post above:

You're not really getting something for 'nothing' - you're getting a small reward for giving what the retailer and it's suppliers consider to be valuable information on your shopping habits, that they can analyse and make use of to increase sales.

So anyone with privacy concerns may not want to participate - they shouldn't be badgered for not wishing to take part in a marketing exercise.

As per my post above:

So anyone with privacy concerns may not want to participate - they shouldn't be badgered for not wishing to take part in a marketing exercise.

I really am not bothered whether Dunnes Stores are analyzing my weekly shop, I would be far more concerned about my privacy been compromised from data and personal details stored in stolen laptops from State bodies.

I really am not bothered whether Dunnes Stores are analyzing my weekly shop

Neither am I, but it is something I considered before signing up, as I'm sure others have done.

Exactly, I don't want anyone knowing what I spend my money on. I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist and I guess I am a bit paranoid about what is being done with the data gathered.

Re: dunnes stores Value Card

Mrs Oldtimer got hers yesterday and is fuming. She constantly buys clothes but each time homeware and clothes is zero vouchers.

That's because those vouchers are only issued if there has been a promotion on those departments (eg 25% back on purchases made over a particular weekend, or something like that). It doesn't mean that points have not been earned on those purchases; those points would go towards the standard vouchers.

Re: dunnes stores Value Card

No I havent received some at all and was wondering whats going on

Hi Christine,

Welcome to AAM.

You will need to ring Dunnes Stores helpline to ask them about your vouchers. so you may be able to get it later.

I have also removed your full name from your post as it is not a good idea to give too much personal information on sites.

Back