Dunnes Stores "Value Card": When are vouchers due out?

Re: dunnes stores Value Card

Got mine yesterday - really annoyed that they only apply to supermarket - I think I'll go back to switching between Tesco and Lidl :)

Shopping anywhere mainly or solely to get loyalty points is arguably a bad idea.

Shopping anywhere mainly or solely to get loyalty points is arguably a bad idea.

i have to agree with that.

I was going to buy wine in the last wine promotion so I'd have it for an upcoming family occassion. The day of the promotion I happened to be in Super Valu noted the price of the wine I wanted and when I went to Dunnes Stores that evening to buy it saw it was 26.87% more expensive!:eek: ( I still remember the exact figures)

Naturally i went back to Super Valu bought the wine - but it was well gone before the family occassion :eek:

i have to agree with that.

I was going to buy wine in the last wine promotion so I'd have it for an upcoming family occassion. The day of the promotion I happened to be in Super Valu noted the price of the wine I wanted and when I went to Dunnes Stores that evening to buy it saw it was 26.87% more expensive!:eek: ( I still remember the exact figures)

Naturally i went back to Super Valu bought the wine - but it was well gone before the family occassion :eek:

you seem to buy a fair bit of wine...

I think the groceries (gold coloured) vouchers can be used in any dept but the other ones only in hardware and drapery detartments.

I do most of my shopping with Tesco as it's great to get the points when you buy petrol too. I decided to get a Dunnes clubcard for when I buy clothing/homeware. It's great. Dunnes are obviously trying to pull in those who are shopping elsewhere as in the past few months I have recived 10e off vouchers when you spend 40e in groceries and just the other day received 8e in vouchers for groceries. Perhaps those of you with Dunnes clubcards should sign up with Tesco

I do most of my shopping with Tesco as it's great to get the points when you buy petrol too. I decided to get a Dunnes clubcard for when I buy clothing/homeware. It's great. Dunnes are obviously trying to pull in those who are shopping elsewhere as in the past few months I have recived 10e off vouchers when you spend 40e in groceries and just the other day received 8e in vouchers for groceries. Perhaps those of you with Dunnes clubcards should sign up with Tesco

I don't know when I last received voucher from Dunnes - but I reckon it's easily over 6 months. I haven't shopped there for ages (used to do my weekly shop there... the lack of vouchers was one of the things that made me move). Anyhooo... lo & behold I receive vouchers in the post today - €38 worth.... :Dthere's no way I've built up 3800 in the last 3/4 months! Maybe they're trying to lure me back! ;)

I find it quite easy to check the points and generally find that they are right. Do 99.99999999999999999% of my grocery shopping in Dunnes and always use Visa for handyness sake. Because of this the receipts (which are kept for reconciliation with statement) are easily checked.

IMHO Dunnes system is quite basic as compared to others such as M&S and Tesco. I asked some time ago if Dunnes would be introducing an order in system for clothes such as Marks have but their vague answer left a lot to be desired.

What do you mean by that..order in from the warehouse/another store? Because there's so many Dunnes, they do send stuff to be put on hold in another store. The one I work in is in Dublin city centre, we frequently interstore clothes to Galway, Athlone etc. Also very easy to get someone to ring another store which has the item and placing it on hold there.

What do you mean by that..order in from the warehouse/another store? Because there's so many Dunnes, they do send stuff to be put on hold in another store. The one I work in is in Dublin city centre, we frequently interstore clothes to Galway, Athlone etc. Also very easy to get someone to ring another store which has the item and placing it on hold there.

By this I mean the system that M&S have where one can order a particular item in colour/size they require and it can quite often come in from the warehouse the next day.

I have dealt with the Customer Service desks in Dunnes but as you say it is a question of getting a helpful assistant who is willing to ring around branches to see if it is available. The M&S system because computerised can show on screen what is immediately available from stock.

Do 99.99999999999999999% of my grocery shopping in Dunnes

May I ask where you do your other 00.000000000000000001% of your shopping and what that 00.000000000000000001% consists of ?:D:p;):confused:

By this I mean the system that M&S have where one can order a particular item in colour/size they require and it can quite often come in from the warehouse the next day.

I have dealt with the Customer Service desks in Dunnes but as you say it is a question of getting a helpful assistant who is willing to ring around branches to see if it is available. The M&S system because computerised can show on screen what is immediately available from stock.

Nah we have a computerised stock system too, shows what's in our stockroom and every other store.

I see points as a "bonus". I shop in Tesco mostly, get points on the weekly shop and the petrol but also get 5 cents off a litre of petrol once a week with a voucher for spending over €:D50.

Last vouchers from there went a long way to getting school stationary, especially in light of the recent "buy 2 get a third free" offer they recently had in that department.

The Dunnes card is something I have in my bag and use if I remember I have it.

Either way though, it's always nice to get something for "nothing".

I think the groceries (gold coloured) vouchers can be used in any dept but the other ones only in hardware and drapery detartments.

According to the blurb that came with the vouchers, the gold can be used anywhere. That said, the woman behind me in the store earlier today discovered she couldn't use them to buy cigarettes (might be other restrictions I don't know about).

Either way though, it's always nice to get something for "nothing".

You're not really getting something for 'nothing' - you're getting a small reward for giving what the retailer and it's suppliers consider to be valuable information on your shopping habits, that they can analyse and make use of to increase sales.

If you have vouchers for textiles / homeware only you can actually buy a dunnes gift voucher with it and then use the gift voucher in the groceries part or vice versa......... lovely dunnes employee told me.......... so means you can use them really wherever you want to.

Did the tesco petrol thing - got the voucher in store, then got € 50 petrol,use the voucher and got € 2.50 back, so didn't really think it was worth while... (don't have a tesco's in our town so have to travel say 20/25 mins to get to one)

If you have vouchers for textiles / homeware only you can actually buy a dunnes gift voucher with it and then use the gift voucher in the groceries part or vice versa......... lovely dunnes employee told me.......... so means you can use them really wherever you want to.

No you can't, it says on the back 'Cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers/cards'. You just got someone who didn't know that.

I don't know when I last received voucher from Dunnes - but I reckon it's easily over 6 months. I haven't shopped there for ages (used to do my weekly shop there... the lack of vouchers was one of the things that made me move). Anyhooo... lo & behold I receive vouchers in the post today - €38 worth.... :Dthere's no way I've built up 3800 in the last 3/4 months! Maybe they're trying to lure me back! ;)

We got ours yesterday and they were way more than we were expecting too. We have shifted a fair degree of our purchases to Lidl in the past 6 mths although Mrs Bloggs still buys smaller groceries (milk bread etc) on a daily basis in Dunnes. when she saw the vouchers she said "I wonder are they trying to lure me back!" and I remembered your post.

In the past when we've been purchasing nearly exclusively in Dunnes we've got less vouchers - go figure.

Back