Do you use Groupon? Dependable? Quality of goods/services? Alternative "Daily Deals"?

2nd Deal - delivery of printed calenders - I am in the process of trying to cancel this order with Groupon - as the supplier is unreachable - no responses to my emails - long waits listening to "your call is important to us - so much so that you will be waiting 53 minutes before we will be able to take your call". I looked up the companys facebook page to be disheartened to see more complaints listed and issues from unhappy customers 8-(

This may not be the case with these suppliers all the time, but this was my experience.

It may be of no use to you now but you should use Paypal for future online purchases,you would have had your money refunded to you.

I recently bought snow socks through a Groupon deal,I haven't received them yet but if no sign after next week I will cancel payment through Paypal and the money will be credited back to my CC within a few days.

https://www.paypal.com/ie

Thanks for the advice. I got an email today from Groupon, who will be refunding me in full. Hallelujah!

I got a groupon deal for printed calendars and I uploaded the 65 pics to the supplier before the 16th November deadline. I spent several hours selecting the pics so I won't be pleased if supplier messes up. Am assuming its the same deal as sulo got, so am off now to check out any complaints about the calendar company on facebook or wherever.

Meh, businesses will like whatever makes them money and hate everything else. Groupon do good deals with the odd cock-up, which they always refund, as a poster mentioned above. If businesses dont want to use it they dont have to.

I have bought a few deals - hotel rooms, TEFL course, meals and used them no problem. I have also ordered a few deals and let them expire as i had forgotten about them and couldn't use them in time (latest one being photo book that ran out yesterday, but my hard drive has died on personal laptop so no photos :()

Ordered some memory foam pillows from a company at start of October, had a few 'we're really busy due to the offer but we promise that they will be dispatched by 22nd November' and now i can't contact them etc. I posted a comment on the Groupon Facebook page and in all fairness they advised me to contact them, and they are currently looking into it.

Hi Knuttell, Did you cancel your order for the Snow Sock?

I have sent two email queries to each off the three email accounts that I had in conjuction with this promotion: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].

No reply from any of these accounts.

I checked the Groupon Facebook page and nothing is mentioned there about delivery problems with the Snow Socks nor on the buysnowsocks.com website.

I called Groupon just now on 1800 936927 and the Customer Care guy was very unhelpful with not a hint of empathy. He said the the delivery time was 28 days (and not up to 28 days) and therefore Monday 28/11 is the first day that delivery can be expected. He would not really comment on why there is no customer information on these deliveries on their Facebook site apart from "Why would we".

At this stage I do not care for the selling model at all and thought I did not want to support it any longer, so I asked if I could cancel my order. He said the refund process was that I had to wait until Monday 28/11, then another week to pass to check it was not held up in the post which takes me to Monday 5/12. After that then log the problem with Groupon who would only then contact the supplier. If the supplier was still unable to give an assurance of imminent delivery then a refund would be given after 5-7 days. That would all take until 19/12, which leaves a very sour taste on my first Groupon purchase.

So fingers crossed the delivery does happen but Groupon and their Customer Care have little interest once you have paid so I avoid these deals in the future.

As Knuttell mentioned I think PayPal should be used for Groupon as this would give some control/assurance back to the purchaser when dealing with a poor service company such Groupon.

As Knuttell mentioned I think PayPal should be used for Groupon as this would give some control/assurance back to the purchaser when dealing with a poor service company such Groupon.

Using a credit card will offer more protection than PayPal.
Leo

Using a credit card will offer more protection than PayPal.
Leo

I use PAYPAL or CC for online purchases. I don't know if a person's PAYPAL can be funded from either CC or bank account, but my PAYPAL is funded from my CC, so if I pay using PAYPAL it is a CC transaction as per my CC statement. So, does that mean my transaction is protected as a CC transaction, by PAYPAL, or by both?

I have purchased a number of "deals" through GrabOne. Most have been pretty good. I find that I am confining my purchases now to places that are convenient to where I live, where I can park for free close to the premises and those that are genuinely offering good value.

Some places have introduced "special" menus specifically for the deal or "watered down" their offers so to speak.

You really need to look close at the businesses's website because quite often the most expensive item on the menu is chosen as the lead item with a dramatic 75% off headline but when you look closer at the other items on the menu you find that you are not really getting much of a discount at all.

I remember one place that I visited and I was struggling to get value for my purchase unless I chose the "steak".

Back