Do I qualify for class 2?

Byzantium

Hi All, I have 5 years of contributions from working in the UK a long time ago. I have only recently been aware that I could buy back year. When I finished work, I left the UK and have worked in Ireland since. This is a long time ago, like I left the UK in early 2001. I have never claimed benefits in the UK and have worked in Ireland since then. Can I appeal the class 3 in my online account and claim eligibility for class 2? How do you appeal it? Thanks all

Yep. Your situation is broadly similar to mine. I worked in UK from 2001 to 2005, came back to Ireland and have worked here since. I've had my class 2 eligibility confirmed and will be buying back 17 years.

You need to submit a CF83 form. Everything you need to know is in the key post.

Welcome to the club!

just to add to Peckhams reply, to qualify for class 2 ensure you include evidence that you've worked in Ireland since leaving the UK along with your completed CF83 form. That seems to be key to qualifying for the class 2 as far as I can tell. As as civil servant I was able to print a copy of my work history from our National Shared Services Office so sent that and qualified for class 2 a few weeks, that was after an 8 month wait for a response so it's not a quick process. I've heard of people sending CV's but I'd suggest something more official if possible as you don't want to wait for a response only to be told you need to send further documents.

Also if you can't remember addresses etc to complete on the form just say that. I worked there in the early 90's and could barely remember a thing lol but I wrote a cover letter explaining that as well as completing the form with as much information I could remember.

Good luck and send your documents off asap because it is well worth it and welcome!

Back