Deposit paid to Fingal CoCo, what next?

Audi

hi guys, i have just paid my €1500 deposit to fingal coco on a house, what is next? how long will the process take until i recieve the keys.

any advice would be great thanks

Hi,

I had put my deposit end of september...still waiting for the keys...We will get them in first week of january....Did you sign the contract with fingal coco??? Appointed a sollicitor? Bank did a valuation of the house neighbourhood? Did you all get the structural survey? Got a life insurance and mortgage protection?

I think that's all what to be done...

contract not signed yet, have solicitor, bank did valuation of house just waiting on report. so im looking at about march then,

thanks for that.

Hi Audi I sent in a deposit for a property last week too, along with solicitor details. Im waiting for the Confirmation to Lender to come back for me to pass onto bank , then they value the property i believe.
I reckon with christmas coming up nothing much is going to happen . I hope to move in by march too . I'll let you know how things progress ! Best of luck

When the council told me it will take 3 to 4 months...I couldnt believe them...Because i wasnt aware of the whole process...I just thought sing up the contract...contact mortgage lender, check issue and here you go with the keys...But there is lots more...Next week is everyone(council and bankers) going for their holidays...my sollicitor told me will come back first week of january. My deal is finalised at 30th november...Just that last letter has to be received by the bank, then hopefully my keys....

Hey all,
I paid mt 1500 deposit back in September. They - Fingal COCO have told me they are waiting on the title deeds, does anyone know anything bot this?.. Very frustrating with xmas around the corner, I was promised id be in before xmas!!!! Looks like it will be January (I hope anyway).... Buying in Baldoyle, anyone else buying here? Any thoughts bot it?

Hi loulou are you buying in school lane ?

Does anyone know if the booking deposit of 1500 comes off the price of the property ? Or is it on top of it .

Received my Confirmation to lender last week , they want final loan approval from my bank by xmas eve ?! Seems very fast . Bank are doing the valuation today i think , and my life assurance is being sorted .

The booking deposit comes off the price...That isnt fast as u r thinking renter 27
Phew ! because i have that 1500 earmarked to cover legal fees !

I know its just final loan approval sounds so final ! What is done after you get that ?

Hi Renter27

Yeah im buying in school lane, a 3 bed terraced house.. Are you buying there? Iv heard mixed reviews bot the area but sure most parts of Dublin has a level of madness in it!!
Cant wait til next week so I can ring and see if contracts are sent to my solicitor!
What are u buying there and how far along is your application???

hey loulou

Im buying in boru court swords , a 2 bed terraced. Baldoyle is a nice area you should be fine , theres undesirables no matter where you buy so its all luck really . When do you think you ll move in ? I got final loan approval just before christmas , so the bank sent that to my solicitor, and I send a copy to Fingal , but sure there off until monday anyway . The valuation has been done but its slightly lower than fingals so i have to try get fingal to lower their value.

I want to get a survey too to be sure , and i had a medical for life assurance today . So i guess everything is moving along . Im guessing i'll get keys february ? I ll ring the solicitor next week & see whats next !!

Hi all, I'm buying in Boru Court. Is anyone concerned that council/builder won't do a snagging list for these house? Thanks lilo1407

Hi all, I'm buying in Boru Court. Is anyone concerned that council/builder won't do a snagging list for these house? Thanks lilo1407

Its the same for Holywell, they were built around 2 yrs ago so builders etc long gone. Treat it as a second hand home & get a structural survey done. I'm getting mine done this month hopefully, fingers crossed all is good. Seem to be solid enough .

Thanks Renter27, had surveyor in yesterday - waiting for his report. Good luck with move.

Snagging is more superficial , skirting boards not on correctly , gaps around windows etc. A survey is more in depth into the construction & insulation of house , oh and the price of course ! I think snags are about 200 ? A decent survey is 400 - 500 ....

HI All

In the process with DL co co also, two questions, weirdly they are charging me 300 for a snag list already done, I told them no its ok I will get my own architecht (Friend) to snag it for me, get this they said no you have to pay it the snag is done, you can snag it yourself but if you find anything its more or less tought luck, this cant be legal can it?
Trying to appoint solicitor, prices vary hugely, anyone recommend any solicitor they used and have found good and a good price? seems to change their price when you mention affordable housing!
Any feedback would be great
Thanks
Gemma

Gemma - that sounds very strange about the snag , I guess its a question for your solicitor ! I got one charging 1970, that was the cheapest i could get.

Back