Crown 10 litres of white emulsion

mosstown

B&Q in the UK are selling 10L drums of Crown white emulsion for £10.
Would anyone know how much 10L of this would cost in Ireland please ?
sending over a mountain of other stuff soon for our house in Ireland so might include a load of this for first coating the whole house in and then finishing all the ceilings off with it.

€24 to €26 last summer in local paint shop - good price i'd say

thanks ted. ok, i think i will buy 10 drums of this to send over for Easter, house is just under 3,000 sq ft so about 14 ceilings to be coated probably 3 times for a good finish and a white mist on all the internal walls to brighten the place up for now.
Would anyone know if 10 drums would be enough or would i need more bearing in mind we would be watering down the paint for the walls. House was plastered in November 08 so should be well dry by then.
Looks like we have a great Easter holiday planned in Ireland, kids will be delighted !!

Hi,

I was painting recently - normal white emulsion is fine for a base coat for walls and ceilings. but I find Brilliant White Emulsion leaves a nicer finish on ceilings than just plain emulsion

K

this paint is the Crown Non-Breatheasy Pure Brilliant White Matt Emulsion for walls and ceilings (durable, wipeable/non yellowing). Have actually used it loads of times before and find it great and just as good as Dulux but a lot cheaper.

I saw an advertisement in yesterdays examiner stating €10 for 10l crown matt emulsion. I thought it was a bit of a bargain too.

thats a great price, couldn't justify getting Dulux with Crown at that price !!!

Another paint to watch for which i used when painting my own house was Glidden, which is a (cheaper) brand of Dulux. It was great stuff and was cheaper than both Crown and Dulux at the time.

[broken link removed]

Has anyone found that the B&Q brand of emulsion leaves an unpleasant odour that lasts a long time?

yes, i got 10L of that on special offer for £5 when painting my house too. It was the last pot i got for finishing a utility room and it did smell weird (but almost nice !!!). Rubbish paint though, i found it very hard to cover the plaster properly, much slower than the crown or glidden. I was glad i did not use on the bigger rooms or it would have took me forever. I think unless your a pro or the job is quite small i would stick to the branded paints !!

Just went out to B&Q Limerick and even though the signs say €18, they have it reduced in both white and magnolia to €10 - just bought a good few. They said they only reduced it today!
My poor car is laid low with the load :D

Back