Cowen interview on Morning Irleand

anything that confirms a stereotype is back to "get traction" ..... (puke!)

Its not the being/sounding drunk thats such an issue its more that the collective wisdom and intelligence of the team didnt spot it and not allow it to happen. It gives a definite air of shambles to the way he is being presented of late.

He didn't sound drunk to me. My best description is 'tired and unemotional', from answering the same quesions over and over. Cathal MacCongaile's questions were not exacting inspirational or new, or likely to get a rousing response from a man who ahd little sleep adn no breakfast. A red herring, as cork posted....

I heard the some of the interview this morning and genuinely thought that he sounded better than he normally does! I remember thinking that perhaps he had engaged a voice coach! He didnt have that plaintive whine that Oliver Callan so cleverly mimics.

a proof that the lecture on codeine we are getting in pharmacies is justified.
honestly, if this is the only thing that opposition can come up with it, then FF is going to win next election 100%, this is an issue for tabloids not for FG.

I think 'Cork' is right. This is another smoke screen to get peoples' thinking away from the real truth about Ireland's economy.

Ridiculous story. Coveney sounded so pious on the news talking about his tweet. Pathetic if you ask me (and I'm no Fianna Fail fan!). There's plenty of real issues to challenge the government with.

To me he sounded exhausted. I blame his handlers for allowing him to go on radio. I am anti-Fianna Fáil,but, I am sick and tired of Fine Gael picking stupid arguments when they should be showing alternative leadership and offering solutions. Gilmore and Rabbitt are at least targetting te issues and political policy failings of the Government. I have just watched Prime Time devoting 20+ mins to this ridiculous story.

In my opinion, Cowen has every right to have a wild night every so often. Fianna Fáil's big mistake was going to the expense of hosting this laughable think-in in the Ardilaun. Is this at tacpayers' expense? There are many cheaper locations near or in the Dáil.

I heard a journalist saying that drinks were not on the house, BUT, ministers were buying journalists drinks! I hope the ministers are not claiming these on expenses.

Simon Coveney and Enda, give us some leadership and solutions or else watch out the imminent election.

I don't care if he was hungover or not. The issue is that he simply should not have done the interview. Very very poor judgement. And not for the first time.

Cowen made the wrong decision to do the interview, but I hear his media advisors weren't around.

As for Coveney, well I am shocked too by his petty, political point scoring. And what is it with all this Twitter nonsense? What age are our politicians? Time they started acting like real people and not iPhone wielding, teenage idiots. Get a life, saddo's.

Does anyone ever think that when silly stories like this come out in the media that its done so the newscasters can glaze over more important issues or ignore them altogether so that the populace stay uniformed? I havent heard much about the change in tax relief on pensions being lowered from 41% to 33%.
Sure dont mind that, start thinking about whether or not you care that the countries Premier was drunk or had a hangover. Heres Evelyn with the weather.....

Cowen made the wrong decision to do the interview, but I hear his media advisors weren't around.

As for Coveney, well I am shocked too by his petty, political point scoring.

I'm not - I'd say Fianna Fail are delighted with Coveney and Kenny. Sure, other than the Shinners on Economics, you couldn't hand pick much weaker opponents, and this rubbish story is more evidence of it !

Yeah I feel sorry for the guy now and dismayed at the nation we have become.

+ 1
We know the country is in a mess but for gods sake hopping on every little thing is just getting ridiculous, jaysus is there anything we don't whinge about nowadays?? .

Coveney has shown himself to be a petty bitchy person and rightly so!

This really showed up the immaturity of Coveney in my opinion. It was really pathetic.

Back