Cowen interview on Morning Irleand

For me, it has nothing to do with past performance. If people here are seriously suggesting that they could go into work and meet clients/public and give the impression rightly or wrongly that you were on the tear the night before and there wouldn't be consequences, then we have a serious attitude problem towards alcohol. I go out during the week. Sometimes I drink too much. However, I am always aware if I have something on the following morning and act accordingly. I am not a child. The least I would do is get someone to cover for me if I did go overboard. I certainly wouldn't represent my company sounding like he did. Having said that, he has apologised so it us time to move on.

It is getting to the stage now that people who did not see the interview will have an image of him with his shirt hanging out and slurring through the whole interview. His quality of speech is never great and his vocals are usually nasally so this has all been completely blown out of proportion. Can anyone say with any certainty that he was in a bad state? I saw the interview and it didn't bother me.

It is getting to the stage now that people who did not see the interview will have an image of him with his shirt hanging out and slurring through the whole interview. His quality of speech is never great and his vocals are usually nasally so this has all been completely blown out of proportion. Can anyone say with any certainty that he was in a bad state? I saw the interview and it didn't bother me.

He sounded a lot worse than usual. There is no doubt that he was feeling the effects. I am not saying he was drunk but he did sound like someone who had an heavy night. I think even FF people are beginning to admit that now. Willie O Dee said it this morning.

How did you see a radio interview!

It's getting to the stage now that people who didn't even listen to the interview are claiming they saw it. And claiming that it sounded fine when they clearly didn't hear it? How can you defend something you didn't hear?

I heard it & shouted at my OH in the bathroom that the Taoiseach sounded very hungover. That was my instant reaction.

He sounded a lot worse than usual. There is no doubt that he was feeling the effects. I am not saying he was drunk but he did sound like someone who had an heavy night. I think even FF people are beginning to admit that now. Willie O Dee said it this morning.

How did you see a radio interview!

Sorry saw a repeat of it played back, or heard it on the radio, goes to show you don't need a few drinks to sound like a fool!

People have accused Brian Cowan of being incoherent and nonsensical in the interview.

The first phrase that springs to mind is in vino veritas

I was in Turin enjoying a late night drink at the hotel bar when I fell into conversation with an Italian doctor who told me that he read in the Herald Tribune that our Prime Minister had appeared drunk on an early morning radio show , it didn't seem to phase the doc at all as Berlusconi seems to have set the bar very high in terms of dodgy behavior.

I was quite happy to chat away about this whilst hoping that the conversation didn't turn to the topic of the conference he was attending in the hotel - "Castration resistant prostate cancer "

That's the kick in the teeth though isn't it; the other guys will destroy it as well.

There's no evidence to support this statement :rolleyes:.

Look, I'm not aligned to any particular party, but I have a young family and worry for their future.

IMHO The current Government are shackled by their culpability in decisions/policies that have contributed greatly to our current situation. They're in denial

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cowen-denies-country-is-in-double-dip-recession-474826.html

So their ability to take hard decisions is compromised.

A blind man on a horse knows what needs to be done i.e. cut our cloth to suit our measure, the three main parties broadly agree on the figures, €3ish billion, serious pain for some, what's needed is a mandate for this. People need to know the truth and be able to plan accordingly.

Two more years of this and we'll have civil unrest and the IMF bailing us out, as you probably know the IMF need to be kept at bay at all costs.

E 1

We wont get out until the IMF are called in. The amount of waste in government expenditure is shocking. And will not cease regardless of who is in power. Look for example at the money the government is paying out re NAMA!!

All a general election will do is clear out one lot and replace them with another of the same ilk. If any politician had any integrity they would step forward and scream blue murder when actions like those of Dempsey are perpetrated. Those people see no recession only self interest.

noah

Thousands apply for just 440 CSO part-time posts

why is the cso advertising for part time posts when there are thousands of public servants with no real job but cant be fired, surely those at the bottom of the public service and who would be fired in any other job should be made do all this additional work that crops up. Its not rocket science

We wont get out until the IMF are called in. The amount of waste in government expenditure is shocking. And will not cease regardless of who is in power. Look for example at the money the government is paying out re NAMA!!

All a general election will do is clear out one lot and replace them with another of the same ilk. If any politician had any integrity they would step forward and scream blue murder when actions like those of Dempsey are perpetrated. Those people see no recession only self interest.

noah

What is your basis for this statement, if you have a bit of spare time, take a look at the " Life as Debt " documentary on Jamaica to see how the IMF helped their situation.

[broken link removed]

The IMF's only interest is to ensure that a country will pay its debts, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST TO THE COUNTRY. Your statement IMHO is incredible naive and dangerous.

E 1

thanks Brian

My brother has been in Oz ten years now. he said the Cowen interview - and the mess the eejits made of the country - is constantly on the news there. So much so he finds it embarrassing....thanks Brian, you tosser.

Back