Cost of hairdresser for ladies

Locally I pay about €35 for a wash cut and blowdry, and €120 for highlights with wash&cut& blowdry.

The missus tells me a cut, colour and blow dry costs €80 .......the laser transaction on the bank statement tells me it costs €130 though !!! Coincidentally I'm just out of the barbers myself, €10 for a dry cut. A young lad before me with much more thatch than me was only charged €7.50 for his cut even though it took much longer to cut the young fellas hair. "Price discrimination" I protested to the barber - no he said, "I charge by surface area covered " ! :D

Haha:D I pay 12e for a wash and cut. The other half pays 70e for a cut and colour at an independently owned unisex saloon. I would imagine that no average price exists, it depends on where the lady goes and what she has done.

I am currently paying 85 euro for cut and blow dry at David Marshall on Dawson St, Dublin. I think it is very high, but I have found someone who is cutting my hair the way I like it and he takes huge trouble. But i do think the same cut could be got in a barber's shop for 10 euro. i did once ask a barber to cut my hair and said he couldn't because he would be in trobule with the ladies hairdressing business nearby.

I am currently paying 85 euro for cut and blow dry at David Marshall on Dawson St, Dublin. I think it is very high, but I have found someone who is cutting my hair the way I like it and he takes huge trouble. But i do think the same cut could be got in a barber's shop for 10 euro. i did once ask a barber to cut my hair and said he couldn't because he would be in trobule with the ladies hairdressing business nearby.

Go to their school on georges street where it costs under 20 quid

I got my hair cut at the weekend (in madrid) and was so amazed at the price in comparison to irish prices that I had to post.

For highlights, cut, wash and blowdry, and an eyebrow wax, it came to a grand total of E36!!
I couldnt believe how cheap this was - in my normal salon in Dublin this costs at least 4 times more!

I bought a pair of eletric clippers 5 years ago for 20 quid.
Took wife to barbers and told her to look and learn!
She has been giving me about 6 cuts a year out of them and they are still going.

I think women shoppers should form a united strong consummer group.They totally underestimate their consumer spending power. If one were to total consumer spending be it hairdressing/cosmetics/clothing/shoes for women versus men it would be interesting to see percentage break up. Just take a walk down any of the city'streets and count the number of shops dedicated to women versus shops dedicated to men. What would happen in Ireland over the next 4 weeks if such a consumer group decided to tear up their credit cards the economy would come to a standstill . Do not get me wrong obviously women are perfectly entitled to spend their hard earned cash on whatever they wish.[never mind credit cards].Are women much more materialistic?
Obviously men folk can equally spend on cars etc .A a male I used to visit Galway city in the past I could wander into Mc. Donough's hardware shop near city centre while my wife visited clothes shops. Alas this shop has moved to suburbs so all that is left adjacent to city are exciting shops such as Aldi/Lidl? Bye the way I have hair appointment for tomorrow .

I got my hair cut at the weekend (in madrid) and was so amazed at the price in comparison to irish prices that I had to post.

For highlights, cut, wash and blowdry, and an eyebrow wax, it came to a grand total of E36!!
I couldnt believe how cheap this was - in my normal salon in Dublin this costs at least 4 times more!

Wash cut and blowdry in france: €18 (and she seems shocked if I try to tip her the €2)

Hairdressers at Lake garda, Italy:
- wash & dry:€10
- + cut :€10
Someone even came in with their hair already washed & they dried it for €5!!

Average is 120 for cut and colour for the lady. Guys varies from 8 to 40 euro. Get to know a hairdresser that you go to regularly as a client and after several visits, ask very discreetly if they could do 'nixer' for you at home (most do). Get mobile phone number and text for appointments. Hairdresser that calls to our home is excellent and cuts the kids hair for free. 70euro for cut and full meche highlights for the missus, and Dad is 10euro. (cash of course!) Live and learn...

Average is 120 for cut and colour for the lady. Guys varies from 8 to 40 euro. Get to know a hairdresser that you go to regularly as a client and after several visits, ask very discreetly if they could do 'nixer' for you at home (most do). Get mobile phone number and text for appointments. Hairdresser that calls to our home is excellent and cuts the kids hair for free. 70euro for cut and full meche highlights for the missus, and Dad is 10euro. (cash of course!) Live and learn...

I used to get an all over colour, highlights and a cut = €170 in total which I found very expensive but I like the salon and how it looks and I only get it done every few months. Still, last time I went I decided to forget the highlights and only get the all over so including the cut it dropped to €117 which I find ok. They'll also do free masking for you (colouring the hair that goes grey quickest!) if you go in and pay for a cut, which is about €70 I think.

My husband got his hair cut in Dundrum TC at the weekend for €20 which is the most expensive haircut he's ever had - average for him would be €8-€10.

M

Any decent salon manager\owner worth their salt will recognise loyal clients that spend big money on their hairs and reward these with promotions\discounts\special offers..

I am in the middle of opening a new salon and can honestly say that when we take into account the rent, salary, supplies cost, not to mention the heavy investment that we're putting into staff training - profit margins are not that great. Don't get me wrong, we hope to make money but no way are we aimong to rip customers off...

Obviously I can't speak for all other people in the trade.

DD

I pay 35 Euros for a wash , cut and blow dry. It takes 25 mins and would be considered reasonable.Women are paying way over the odds for haircuts but its our own fault. The market charges what the market can take.If women stayed away, the hairdressers would'nt be long in dropping their prices.
I was amazed when my hairdresser told me that around Christmas, some women come in a few times in a week, if they are going out, for example. I am too mean and luckily the hairdresser gives a good cut so I only go there about three or four times a year!!

Cut & Blowdry €45, Cut & Highlights €120. Saturday's are more expensive, so best do it midweek.

There are lots of Polish and Chinese hairdressers in Dublin now, I go to Polish one in Talbot St, €45 for wash, cut, highlights and blowdry. €22 for wash, cut and blow dry.

I pay about e40 every three months or so (sometimes more) for a wash, cut and blowdry, and e9 every 7 weeks or so for a colour I put in myself. I can't believe the amount some women pay out for their hair!

Back