Cost of hairdresser for ladies

bacchus

I would be curious to know how much do ladies out there pay on average to get their hair done. I am fully aware that it depends on what you get done, that's why i am asking for an average.
My wife pays on average €150, which seems really a lot to me, but may be that's the going rate for ladies. I simply don't have a clue.
Note: the barber usually charges me €10!!! so with the kids, that's bring the familly average down to €45 per cut.:)

I go to Peter Marks and pay about €45 for a cut. If I get colour (highlights) done as well it is about €130.

Is the €150 your wife pays just for a cut - no colour? That sounds unbelievably expensive.

If she is getting colour and a cut then 150 Euro is on the high side of average...I usually pay around 120 Euro for cut and colour...Does her hair always look nice? Well don't complain then!

I'm lucky my hairdresser works in Peter Marks but does easi meche highlights and cuts in my house for 85, charges my mam 65 for a colour and cut. If I go for a blow dry its 22 in John Alan Santry which is cheaper than most as i've long hair. A womans work and all that ;)

Does her hair always look nice? Well don't complain then!
No matter what, she'll always be the most beautiful woman in my eyes ;)

Not sure there is a relationship between cost and quality, or is there?
For barbers, they all charges more or less the same price, but there is great difference between quality of cuts in my experience.

As far as I can see women are royally ripped off in many consumer areas.

Mrs Caveat pays about €50 for cut only - and it's nothing fancy, just a trim. I did pay €8 & now pay nothing as Mrs C cuts mine!

Seriously though, she maintains that women's shoes for example are of much lower quality then men's - but cost twice as much.

I'm sure there are other areas - she'll remind me later.

As far as I can see women are royally ripped off in many consumer areas.

Future posters,
I would prefer if this thread does not become another rip off thread as there are many, and already one dedicated to hairdressers.
Let's stick to average cost please.

Oops OK :eek:

From other women friends & acquaintances, I'd say for a simple trim/cut & blow dry, nothing more, I've heard figures of between €40 and €70.

I get an all over colour now rather than the highlights.....i pay €75 for the colour but it is twice the price if you go for highlights.......if i go in for just a trim it's €65 but if i get a trim with my colour it's €75....doesn't make sense but that's the way it is! Women are being completely ripped off.....women's clothes have gotten much more expensive over the last few years and children's clothes have gone completely threw the roof......bought my daughter a good winter coat last year for €30 and went looking for one this year in the same shop.....they have a very similar coat but it's €70 this year.....women are mugs for spending money!

The missus tells me a cut, colour and blow dry costs €80 .......the laser transaction on the bank statement tells me it costs €130 though !!! Coincidentally I'm just out of the barbers myself, €10 for a dry cut. A young lad before me with much more thatch than me was only charged €7.50 for his cut even though it took much longer to cut the young fellas hair. "Price discrimination" I protested to the barber - no he said, "I charge by surface area covered " ! :D

Location matters. I gave up work in February 2006 and up to that time I got my hair done in the city (cut, base colour and highlights = €125).

Since giving up work I have had my hair done in my local town - last Tuesday both my daughter and myself had our hair done 2 x cuts/base colour/hightlights and the total for the two of us was €120. The only difference as far as I can see is I am not being plied with coffee every five minutes (actually sometimes I'm lucky to get a coffee at all) but with the price I pay I am very happy.

I pay around €30 to €35 for a wash cut and blowdry, and €15 for a dry trim. There's no messing around with cups of tea, but if I want tea I'll go to a teashop!

Last visit to get h/lights and no cut, was 117e. i have now found a home hairdresser who will do same for 80e.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to hop on a Ryanair flight somewhere? And have a day out as well.

I pay €6.50 for a haircut in Sam's Barber. Mon/Tues only.

Do many of ye tip? I don't myself.

city centre up to 150 euro in normal hairdressers ...52 for a cut (house of colour abbey st)

Funny thing is, I would love Mrs B just as much if she didnt put all that junk in her hair. Probably more, as we could spend the difference on a meal out!

Back