Cost of building a house

Hi,

I have the house built already, closed and plastered for approx 90,000. Electrics and plumbing costs will be mainly materials as family will be helping me with those. As I mentioned earlier it will prob exceed 150,000 by a little by the time I.m finished.

Thanks

P.S. This is construction costs only, I have not included fees and contributions etc

Changes,

what type of design have you used and where are you building. You seem to be getting unbelievable value for money!

If you PM me I would love to see your plans if you have them handy on soft copy!
Rgds
Inchy

Hi,

The spec will be fairly standard, certainly not the highest, but I shop around and try to get value for money. I will get high spec where required and make savings elsewhere.
I have white PVC windows, ballytherm insulation, thrutone slates etc.
I have priced for Oil central heating with solid fuel stove backup,
I will spend a bit on flooring and kitchen and get bathroom etc in the north.

Building in Donegal

Hello,
I am going building a bungalow about 2000sqft on my own site and now that the building has slowed down could anyone tell me roughly what it is going to cost for a builder to do it.? It will be a plain enough bungalow not too much design. Would appreciate any comment. Thanks.

Now that the bubble has bust can you see the price of building work coming down more ?Have got the planning now for the house its a split level as the site is on a hill.Any ideas of what it will cost to build?

Hi Guys, what sort of insurance policy did you take out during your build? I am building at the moment and the quotes im getting are huge. tnx

Back