Complex Problem Regarding Sale Of Goods Act

Status
Not open for further replies.
The op still hasn't produced a suitable proof of purchase document (ie receipt) so he's going to fail even before he starts.
A bank statement transaction is not proof that you bought that particular item, its simply proof that a transaction to that value occurred that day. Its a major distinction which you are conveniently overlooking.
Consumers who waste everyones time like this should have to pay court costs if they lose.
If the item was of such value to you now, why didn't you keep the receipt ? ? ?

bugger off, if i wanted to, i would! i didn't know it was an english exam, especially being an irish man with a certain contempt for the english language. anyway, seems to be some nice irish ladies in here, pm me for phone number, i'm a bad donegal man.

at someone who said go straight to small claims court, i'm giving them a final opportunity so as when i go to small claims court i am able to say that i did so.............

This is an absolutely despicable post. You posted a letter which was basically rambling badly written nonsense. People took the time out to assist you and you've ended up insulting them. Now, based on your general attitude, I suspect there's probably nothing wrong with the PS3. For the above reasons "I am writing you".

I can't be the only one here who hopes Tesco decide to see you in court and/or tell you to get lost, and I'm no fan of theirs. You spent €400 on consumer electronics and didn't even keep the receipt, plus you've insulted several of the people who tried to help you. I can only pity the store staff who had to deal with you in person. Do let us know how you get on :rolleyes:

SSE

"I'm writing you" is Americanised english language, as is "sox" for socks. It is acceptable in the US and Canada although even there one would not use it in a formal letter. It is not used and is not acceptable in any form in Europe.

The only example I know in common print is Leonard Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat:

"Its four in the morning, the end of December,
I'm writing you now just to see if you're better."

Cohen wrote this song after buying an Atari console from Macy's which broke in the late 1970's.

M

I have thanked the people who have helped with the rearranging of my letter and some grammar and typos that needed fixed. What some people here are digging at is the grammar I use in my posts. That is just laughable. I use slang in my day to day vocabulary, I don't voice the capital I in spoken dialogue as it is relaxed, informal and not only obvious to the recipient. Thus, when posting on forums and suchlike I often overlook the absolute necessity for proper use of the English language.

Upon further inspection of the paraphrase "I am writing you" I see that it is clearly Americanised English which I don't care for very much, but, generally speaking I don't care very much for the proper use of the English language in day to day context anyway! In future I will refrain from the use of said paraphrase when writing a formal letter.

I don't care very much for Tesco either which is why I am not going to let this one slide. I have my application for a small claim ready and waiting, I have my proof of purchase (Laser Statement) which I have researched on the internet to find that it is not as clear cut or definite as a store receipt but legal nonetheless.

I also must say, that I did have a receipt for the first device but I never got a receipt for the second device and was understandably delighted to have walked in with a broken device and be walking out with a brand new one, I never thought about a receipt and they kept my original.

Tesco have already acknowledged verbally that this device was one of theirs so I'm thinking and hoping that they have the vision to forecast how damaging this could be for their business if they were to retract that acknowledgment. Even if they were to protest that the Laser card transaction of €520 was not this device (which I know it to be), It would be a bold move to try and undercut someone who spends that kind of money with them on anything!

P.S. My statement on the previous page which read "there seems to be some nice Irish ladies on here, pm for my number, I'm a bad Donegal lad", was only a demonstration of how serious a person I am, which is not very! It was not meant to be interpreted literally, it was merely a response to the grammar police to be interpreted by them on no uncertain terms that I am not serious enough to give a rats **s!

Thank you all very much for the genuine feedback and assistance with regard to my letter. I put with regard to in bold because that is a grammar error that someone helped me with that I didn't already know so thank you very much for that.

John Rambo wrote:
Now, based on your general attitude, I suspect there's probably nothing wrong with the PS3.

You know, for someone who has been trying to project his intelligence into this topic and demolish mine, I'm duly flabbergasted at the primal speculation to be found in the above statement. What was your foundational reasoning for such a mildly entertaining yet somewhat satisfying post?

EDIT: Your use of proper English is also terrible throughout that statement. Let me correct it for you - "Now, based on your general attitude, I suspect that there isn't anything wrong with the PS3."

" I suspect there's probably " has another major flaw which is considered to be an extremely ignorant and unforgivable annihilation of the grammar of the English language, or any language for that matter. This flaw is called tautology.

I appreciate the help with regard to the grammar in my letter. I do not appreciate the corrections made by those of you in my informal and relaxed posts. It doesn't mean I can't do it, I just choose not to. I should hope John Rambo will look closer to home before correcting grammar errors in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thanked the people who have helped with the rearranging of my letter and some grammar and typos that needed fixed. .

Wow Blindsummit you write English beautifully when you put your mind to it, you're like a different person. Do stay and entertain us some more and I don't mean that in a nasty way. You just upset some of us when we were trying to help you.

Wow Blindsummit you write English beautifully when you put your mind to it, you're like a different person. Do stay and entertain us some more and I don't mean that in a nasty way. You just upset some of us when we were trying to help you.

It's just like I said, I can do it, I just choose not to! Then what is your immediate response? "You write English beautifully!" Lol, you also read English beautifully.

Who did I insult?

I did not insult the people who were helping with my letter! I insulted the people who were correcting my relaxed grammar in posts. I'm not an uptight nor am I a serious person which is why I couldn't give 2 monkeys in a wheelbarrow what you think of my daily grammar. Have fun correcting it though, I'm glad to be of assistance to the saddos who have not a lot better to do.

P.S. If I were to flick through the previous pages of this topic and inspect the grammar like a sad little worm I'd have a field day, but, as I said, I'm not that serious, or sad!

Blindsummit, people have very politely told you that you write English incorrectly so I think you don't need to be rude.
It is very difficult to read posts that lack the basics of grammar, lower case i's, starting sentences with lower case, and you have a funny way of using at to etc.
There is no way on earth 'I am writing you' is correct grammar and justifying it based on nationality, what is that about?

In relation to your letter I would not ask for an amount but I would point out that the correspondence and travel have cost you a great deal of time and effort and maybe you should be compensated for that.

Ok, just one for fun!

I don't think you need to be rude

"and you have a funny way of using it." The word "too" (if you had spelled it correctly in the first place) does not belong in that sentence as it is a prime example of tautology. Where does the "etc." belong in that sentence?

There is no way on earth "I am writing you" is correct grammar, "then to justify" it based on nationality, what is that all about?

In relation to your letter I would not ask for an amount, but, I would point out that correspondence and travel have cost you a great deal of time and effort and that maybe you should be compensated for it.

Although some of the corrections in the quote immediately prior to this are not strictly grammar errors, it certainly reads better with some punctuation. Would you agree?

Closing off this thread now as it appears to have run its course along with the fact that many posters have reported BlindSummit for their unpleasantness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back