Complex Problem Regarding Sale Of Goods Act

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made some amendments - hope you can make sense of them. My advice is that you are well within your rights to look for a full refund - if they offer that you get a repair - that's no gaurantee that the item being fixed or you may having probs with it in the future....
+1... (Good letter)

annet, thanks a million, some healthy changes and alot stricter and more serious without appearing aggressive which is what i was after, thank you very much for your time, it's very much appreciated and i will let you know and thank you if it does the business.

@ John Rambo, I think you will find that "I am writing you" is proper and formal english grammar, not gibberish!

@ John Rambo, I think you will find that "I am writing you" is proper and formal english grammar, not gibberish!

You may think so but as has been confirmed by a few contributors it sounds/looks dreadful and appears as if you just left out the 'to'.

it is accepted as formal English grammar and so it is fine. I happen to think putting the "to" in there makes it personal. I'm not writing to them, I'm writing because of them.

annet, thanks a million, some healthy changes and alot stricter and more serious without appearing aggressive which is what i was after, thank you very much for your time, it's very much appreciated and i will let you know and thank you if it does the business.

Hi glad it helped.... the language say's your not going to be a pushover -you know your rights - what you want as a remedy and if it doesnt happen it makes clear what action you are going to take. And hopefully if they have any sense it will do the business and just they pay up without any fuss. Let us know how you get on.... and good luck.

Didnt cop the €400 euros (TIME OF NIGHT GUY'S) - Cat101 and pansyflower - your 100% right and better to keep it at €400.

Nearly bedtime, last few thoughts....

which I purchased in January 2008 and [which] was subsequently replaced
Add an extra which for good grammar

although, your Hardware Manager
delete superfluous comma

Over 6 weeeks
[sp]

wasted journeys afforded me
change for clarity.

Would a bank statement saying you spent 400 euro in tescos be sufficient as proof of buying a playstation? Does it say on the bank statement that it was a playstation?

A bank statement is sufficient proof of purchase - it gives the debited amount and retailer. Proof of purchase of the specific item would also be on the Tesco systems.

A bank statement is sufficient proof of purchase - it gives the debited amount and retailer. Proof of purchase of the specific item would also be on the Tesco systems.

Yes, but it sounds like Tescos are giving the op the run around, so hard to see them handing out info thats solely on their system..

a bank statement even though it doesn't contain details of the item purchased is legal proof of purchase as a court would know that a seller like tesco can trace the exact details of the transaction from it

it is accepted as formal English grammar and so it is fine. I happen to think putting the "to" in there makes it personal. I'm not writing to them, I'm writing because of them.

No it isn't. It's Americanised nonsense - i.e. the exact opposite of "formal English grammar". You are writing a letter. Or you are writing a letter to someone. You're not "writing someone". Are you picking the person up and using them as a pen? Or are you writing all over that person's body? It's your letter so you're entitled to style it as you see fit. But speaking as someone who writes and receives letters containing professional language on a daily basis, I can categorically state that "I am writing you" is absolute and utter gibberish which is more likely to alienate the recipient and make them take your claim less seriously. When I started training, writing "on or before 31 October 2007." would get you an earful (because the full stop is in bold too). Using "I am writing you" would probably lead to you being thrown out the window (from the 5th floor). It's just wrong, simple as that.

wow, thrown out the window ey? sounds like a geeky obsession that i don't care for. i'm happy with the way i have it. full stop shouldn't be in bold, you don't have to be a proffessional writer to know that.

Why bother writing a letter at all? They've already proved that they really don't care and are unlikely to respond to the mere threat of a small claims action.

It's costs €15 to take an action. Just go ahead and do it. You;'ve given them al the opportunity they deserve.

wow, thrown out the window ey? sounds like a geeky obsession that i don't care for. i'm happy with the way i have it. full stop shouldn't be in bold, you don't have to be a proffessional writer to know that.

Or to know that professional is spelt with one 'f' and that sentences should start with a capital letter.

Or to know that professional is spelt with one 'f' and that sentences should start with a capital letter.

bugger off, if i wanted to, i would! i didn't know it was an english exam, especially being an irish man with a certain contempt for the english language. anyway, seems to be some nice irish ladies in here, pm me for phone number, i'm a bad donegal man.

at someone who said go straight to small claims court, i'm giving them a final opportunity so as when i go to small claims court i am able to say that i did so.............

Bugger off, if I wanted to, I would! I didn't know it was an English exam, especially being an Irish man with a certain contempt for the English language. Anyway, there seems to be some nice Irish ladies in here, pm me for my phone number, I'm a bad Donegal man.

At someone who said go straight to the small claims court, I'm giving them a final opportunity so when I go to the small claims court I am able to say that I did so.............

Blindsummit, people have very politely told you that you write English incorrectly so I think you don't need to be rude.
It is very difficult to read posts that lack the basics of grammar, lower case i's, starting sentences with lower case, and you have a funny way of using at to etc.
There is no way on earth 'I am writing you' is correct grammar and justifying it based on nationality, what is that about?

In relation to your letter I would not ask for an amount but I would point out that the correspondence and travel have cost you a great deal of time and effort and maybe you should be compensated for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back