Comparing prices for grocery shopping

LIDL - LIST OF STORES

Here is a list of Lidl stores in Ireland, slightly outdated!

Limerick
Youghal
Killarney
Portlaoise
Ballinasloe
Tipperary
Roscrea
Shannon
Nenagh
Clonmel
Fermdy
New Ross
Mallow
Togher
Birr
Galway
Newbridge
Longford
Letterkenny
Mullingar
Athlone
Arklow
Cavan
Donegal Town
Edenderry
Ballina
Baldoyle
Blanchardstown

Re: LIDL - LIST OF STORES

Feckin' Longford has a Lidl and an Aldi while I here in Kimmage am stuck with Stupidquinn (or an early-morning trek into town of a Saturday to Aldi Parnell St. - Coolock too far away to justify trip and anyway my northside innoculations are out of date ;) )

Is it true that there's a Lidl opening soon up by Marley Park in Rathfarnham?

Re: LIDL - LIST OF STORES

Is it true that there's a Lidl opening soon up by Marley Park in Rathfarnham?

I heard that they got permission to open a store on the Glaxo site on Grange Road over the summer, but this is currently being appealed to An Bord Pleanala by local residents concerned about insufficient parking space on the plans for the new store.

I worked in Marks and Spencer when I was a lad. I worked in various stores over a period of 6 or 7 years and don't have any hair raising stories. Cleanliness was impeccable, and if anything went out of 'cold chain' it was disposed of immediately.

I got great money, and even a pension!

What to do with the bones though...

Bought a half price chicken in Supervalue at the weekend
cost about €4.60. Uses...
1. Chicken breast sandwiches for the big kids rather than €3 sandwich from O'Briens or similar.
2. Legs with dinner.
3. Wings as snack.
4. Skin and "Grizzly" bits for cat.
5. Leftover bits for chicken curry and chicken stew.

Knorr curry powder, Knorr stock cubes, cheap Tesco rice.
cheap Tesco bread. And someone keeps sending me discount vouchers for Knorr products..

Sure I must be in profit.

Aldi for Palmerstown/Lucan

Not entirely sure if this is news but for a new Aldi may be heading in the direction of Palmerstown/Lucan:

Code:
Applicant:
  Aldi Stores (Ireland) Ltd. , Carmanhall Road 

Lucan/Palmerstown Bypass (N4) and the, Old Lucan Road,
  between the M50/N4 roundabout, and Junction of N4 and, 
  Kennelsfort Road, Palmerstown, Dublin 20

Proposed Development:
  Demolition of existing site buildings (known as CJ Fallons) 
  and the construction of a single storey discount foodstore 
  with a gross floor area of 1328sq. metres (net retail area 
  872sq.m.), 4 single storey retail units with a combined gross 
  floor area of 444sq.m., associated landscaping and site 
  development works on a 0.7 hectare site. The development 
  will be served by 106 car parking spaces. Vehicular access 
  to the site will be from the Old Lucan Road.

Decision:
  GRANT PERMISSION
Courtesy of the

re

I paid 4.90 for a long neck bottle of beer the other night in a pub in Galway. Shocking...made me only stay for the one and get the bus home instead of a taxi. Pure robbery..

Lidl/Aldi

Lucan/Clondalkin is getting a Lidl and an Aldi.

One is going where Eurospar is and the other in the Fonthill retail park where the NCT Centre is.

I have been grocery shopping and cooking for a family for 25+ years and, though I usually shop in Supervalu because of location, when I get a chance I shop in Lidl or Aldi and find them excellent. Try Lidl for cooked ham, cheese, fruit and veg, biscuits, washing powder and fabric conditioner, fire lighters, jars of cooked, sliced mushrooms in oil, olives...I could go on and on. The problem really is I'm reluctant to try doing all my shopping there as I may not like their alternative to my usual purchases and the idea of facing another supermarket fills me with horror. Lidl and Aldi both have websites listing all their locations in Ireland. We are also on a mailing list and get weekly letters with all their special offers in clothes, hardware etc.

Back