"Comparing Bitcoin to Ponzi Schemes is unfair...

If the trend continues, the lower bound is 36k and 50k in 2025.

This is my 4th cycle, it continues to amaze me how easy this has been for those with conviction.

I think there's a good chance the ETFs have probably fundamentally changed the market though, re-balancing from them may reduce volatility in future. But first the intitial buying is happening.
4th Cycle........... very nice.

You must be filty rich....

Fair play

Even some professionals have taken leave of their senses.

The FT Lex column estimated that the cost of mining one bitcoin is now $43,000 so, they say, that should set a floor for the price of bitcoin!

I know I sound like a broken record, but the price will eventually match the value i.e. zero. It is astonishing that it keeps recovering and that it is fooling so many people for so long. The cost of producing something worthless does not give it value.

Brendan
Brendan if you think bitcoin is going to 0, you are delusional

I see your point now. Obviously if it became de rigueur for every or a majority of institutional fund managers to have say 3% crypto in their portfolio - that would be a bit of a game changer. But you are not claiming that.
3% would be massive, but the interesting question is what is the allocation likely to be, and what effect will it have.

Another interesting question is how far Saylor can go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kuVPw8qM0

What causes this feedback loop to end? Will MSTR get into the S&P500 creating passive inflows feeding it forever?

Bitcoin has achieved another ATH, biggest fall in one day. This is really good news for those who might have thought they missed the boat. Coindesk points out the no-brainer that a punt on bitcoin is.
Coindesk said:
ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood said on CNBC Thursday that bitcoin (BTC), the world's largest cryptocurrency by market value, could reach $1,500,000 in price by 2030 in a bullish scenario, raising her estimate by 50% from a previous prediction of $1 million.

But the higher it gets the bigger the potential falls in absolute terms.

What % did it lose and how does this compare with previous falls?

Brendan
I was hoping you wouldn't spot that Boss. Still, over 10% fall is pretty impressive if not an ATH. Why are you begrudging bitcoin its day in history?

I was hoping you wouldn't spot that Boss. Still, over 10% fall is pretty impressive if not an ATH. Why are you begrudging bitcoin its day in history?
You can make a tangy grape jam with sour grapes, Duke. Or how about this? 108 sour grapes recipes?

Pullbacks of up to 30% have been common in these bull market cycles in the past. They're no harm at all as they clear out those that are trading using leverage.

I still believe that cryptos are the first real attempt of a Worldwide Ponzi Scheme (never really tried before on such scale) and because we're 8.1 Billion and counting:
...Then there are still new customers to be found for a while...
I prefer ethical investing...

I still believe that cryptos are the first real attempt of a Worldwide Ponzi Scheme (never really tried before on such scale) and because we're 8.1 Billion and counting:
...Then there are still new customers to be found for a while...
I prefer ethical investing...
"crypto" Bitcoin

And in the case of Bitcoin finding new customers, there's no doubt that such a thing is happening. The error you're making though is to reach the conclusion that its all just a speculation. That's not the case.

Hi tecate

What else is it?

Brendan
I'll direct you to 2,149 previous posts on the subject Brendan. I appreciate you have formed the opposite opinion but you can't dispute that Bitcoin continues to develop and find an ever broader audience.

Summarise them for me.

I have not seen any "use" for it other than use by criminals for payment.

But that must be a tiny percentage of it. It's 99% speculation, but please let me know if I am wrong.

Brendan

"crypto" Bitcoin

And in the case of Bitcoin finding new customers, there's no doubt that such a thing is happening. The error you're making though is to reach the conclusion that its all just a speculation. That's not the case.
Thank you so much @tecate for reminding me of the great song "Only Time Will Tell" of Mike Oldfield!

We'll all draw our conclusions in due time that's for sure!

...Sam Bankman-Fried already drew his conclusions in the meantime burning overnight 8B USD from common investors!

Summarise them for me.

I have not seen any "use" for it other than use by criminals for payment.

But that must be a tiny percentage of it. It's 99% speculation, but please let me know if I am wrong.

Brendan
For someone who complained over the last six years of long repetitive threads, your request doesn't align very well. You've been here every step of the way in those discussions. The arguments remain the same, the disagreement/differing opinions remain the same. You could easily summarize them yourself if you want to. Here's a word from a distinguished expert on the subject: “If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.”

Thank you so much @tecate for reminding me of the great song "Only Time Will Tell" of Mike Oldfield!

We'll all draw our conclusions in due time that's for sure!
Nobody can tell me on AAM how long I have to wait to find out. I have much less hair now than I did when these discussions began (and hair in places I'd rather not have it). Can you give me a year? @letitroll swore blind on three occasions that his bets would beat Banagher. Bitcoin has shown no respect for those predictions.

...Sam Bankman-Fried already drew his conclusions in the meantime burning overnight 8B USD from common investors!
I'll stop you right there. That clown has zero to do with Bitcoin. His was a garden variety fraud a la Enron, Madoff, etc. ...aided by the 33% of Capitol Hill politicians that took money off him (and haven't given it back), the SEC, the CFTC, etc. And I'll bring you right back round to what I reminded you about earlier -> "crypto" Bitcoin

Last edited:
You've been here every step of the way in those discussions.

Actually, I only dip in and out.

The last time I looked the only "use" was speculation and criminal activity. But maybe that has changed since I last looked.

Does anyone else know what tecate is referring to when he says
The error you're making though is to reach the conclusion that its all just a speculation. That's not the case.

I'll stop you right there. That clown has zero to do with Bitcoin. His was a garden variety fraud a la Enron, Madoff, etc. ...aided by the 33% of Capitol Hill politicians that took money off him (and haven't given it back), the SEC, the CFTC, etc. And I'll bring you right back round to what I reminded you about earlier -> "crypto" Bitcoin
No, you don't stop me ever. Because I state my opinions without any aim to offend ever. So here I am again.

First of all look at google and you will see that Bitcoin is one of the cryptocurrencies. So Bitcoin is part of crypto and not synonym. So don't manipulate what I wrote before please.

Second, SBF was mentioned in many finance magazines as a genius of crypto (yes, including bitcoin whether you want it or not) and later your party labeled him as "clown"... You included now... Now...

Third, please wait... Wait... And we'll see CZ and Brian Armstrong following the same road... Or a similar one... Just wait please...

Bitcoin was invented by an untraceable person behind a fake name not by chance.

Bitcoin has no dynamic balance sheet... It's a concept... And every concept gets overcome by a new invention overtime...

I prefer to invest on physical players and their own new ideas. You prefer to invest on something invisibile.

Bitcoin is in my opinion the biggest proof of sheep-style investing... But real investing is about reviewing balance sheets in a smart and courageous way (and always paying CGT in accordance with the law)... Most of the times against the grain... That's why 1% of the people own the biggest slice of the capital in the world... But we're not here to discuss morals... We're here to discuss long term, intelligent and smart alternative ways to invest...

Peak 202156k peak 2024 so far 65k... And so many low valleys in the price-graphs... There can be better investments to my view...

At this stage I really have spent more than enough time of my life on this subject @tecate but I do not appreciate manipulations of what I write... That's my point... Opinions are just opinions... Only time can reveal the winner on an opinion... As regards yourself asking me for a year to check who wins on this kind of "bet"? Are you serious? Investments mean long term choices, it's the word itself (investment) that leads to a long term period. Furthermore, I am not here to play poker with anyone. Be proud of your choices whenever you want but please without manipulating words written by someone else while I am proud of my choices in life, of that you can rest assured!

@Brendan Burgess thank you once more for this forum... What a wealth of information aiming to protect consumer's rights... And excellent contributors too... Chapeau!

Last edited:
Back