Commute times + distances

Get up at 6.50
Leave at 7.25
30 miles to work (drive a 1.2 punto)
arrive at work for 8.00
(supposed to) finish at 5.30
ususally home for about 6.30
live in Co Roscommon - work in Co Longford

Get up at 8am, leave house at 8.30, in work for 9am. it's only a few miles but sitting in traffic for a lot of it.

Drive a 1l Opel Corsa as well, don't need anything more for that commute.

Up at 6am
Leave house at 6.35 to walk to train station
Train at 7.02
At desk at 8.08 (ish - depends on whether or not the train is delayed).
Leave at 16.30
Train at 16.42
Train usually late so off train and home between 17.55 and 18.15.

Up at 7.11 AM (every minute in bed is precious)
Leave house at 7.50 to drive 1.2 L car to train station to catch 8.40 train. Arrive at destination at 9.20 and then a further 6/7 mins to get to office just before 09.30.

Leave office 16.52 to get seat on 17.15 train. Arrive in station at 17.55. Drive to house... arrive home around the 18.30 mark.

Won't be doing this forever. Somethings gotta give...

up at 9.20, leave house about 9.50, catch tram at 10, in work for 10.15.

Would be slightly quicker if I cycled but, well, there is a bit of snow on the ground, and the tube is off my bike at the moment and I have a monthly ticket for the city zone anyway and I would have to wear gloves and ... ok, I'm just plain lazy. :)

This is in Germany.

Up at 6.55 leave at 7.35 drive 45 Miles for Work @ 9.05ish
Leave @ 5.00 Drive 45 Miles, home @ 6.15ish depending on traffic
Done this for 3.5yrs but now changing to a 20min commute

1-2 minutes walk to my desk , depending on whether I get lucky with the one traffic light, also depending on whether I not I get lucky with the lift. Work and live on the same dublin street

Up at 6.
Leave 6.30 from town - car share to Ballsbridge.
Ballsbridge by 6.50.
Office for 7
Leave at 5.
Home for 6.

Interesting to see the wide range of commute times + distances!!
As i stated in OP i do find my commute tiring and have been doiing it now for 1.5years..however my job previous to that had a 20min commute and earned me circa 28K€ now i earn nearly 3 times that amout..So i guess its all about trade-offs?? For the increase in wages i tihnk its worth it to be stuck in my car for longer- of course the ideal would be gr8 money + no cummute

a 20min commute and earned me circa 28K€ now i earn nearly 3 times that amout..So i guess its all about trade-offs??

:( thats where our similarity ends......same commute, and engine but I definately dont earn 80k + ..............I wouldnt complain if I were you!!!

Also, an hour on an open road is a lot easy to drive than an hour in traffic imo

am amazed at peoples actual working hours

is everybody on flexi time....no one seems to work from 9pm - 5.30pm

will be commuting soon from carlow to dublin...am worried now

How long is that commute Jazzy? in Miles? and have you timed it?
Ya im on flexitime - most places seem to be these days..well if the money is worth it my advice is go for it

Roughly speaking, for a 11 mile cross town commute

Leave at 6.50 in at 7.30 leave at 4.00 home at 5.00
Leave at 7.10 in at 8.00 leave at 4.15 home at 5.30
Leave at 9.10 in at 10.00 leave at 6.30 home at 7.15

Sometimes its quicker, sometimes slower. On a quiet day, its doable in 25-30 mins. Generally the further away from peak times, the faster it is. You can add at least 30mins each way if I leave at peak or I use the train. If I get the bus you can add an hour each way. But as generally have to go somewhere off route on the way home, I usually take the car. If I have to drop/collect a child you can add 15/20mins on that leg. Personally anything over 40mins for a commute oneway feels too long for a regular commute. Though rarely have I ever acheived that in a job.

up 7am
Leave 7.40
Arrive 8.15 (45 min early for prep. work)
23 miles from Maynooth to near Edenderry, against traffic.
Use old N4, don't pay toll. Meet huge volumes of traffic (must be Longford, Mullingar etc. commuters). Does anybody use the M4 Toll Road?
Am a primary teacher so finish time will just raise the ire of my private sector co-contributers. :eek:

Kicked in ribs by wife at 6.30am. Roll out of bed 5 minutes later and jump in the shower. Leave house at 6.50am, pick up some pastries and a coffee from the local bakery 3 doors away. From there its one set of traffic lights and 3 minutes to the factory. In work by 7.00am.

Factory closes at 3.30pm, lock up and home by 3.45pm. EASY LIFE!!!! :D

This is in Romania.

6.58 train to Tara. in work at 7.35 (few mins from Tara).

4.45 train from Tara. At house at 5.30.

Leave house at 7:50am, in office by 8am; finish work anytime from 3pm (quiet day) to midnight (not so quiet day!). 10 min commute home.

Sometimes come home for lunch mid-day; work from home a few days every month. Have a lot of flexibility but make up for that by being available late nights & Sundays for overseas conferences/meetings.

Up 8.10. Leave house 8.40. Have stuff to carry so usually have to take car. Get to work 8.45. Leave any time between 3 and 11pm, home 5 mins later.

Route: Celbridge to Leopardstown (N7 - M50. Mileage: approx 22 miles):
Leave at 6.25am - in work at 7am
Leave at 6.45am - in work at 7.45am
Leave after 7am and before 8.30am - it will take anything between an hr and a half to 2 hours!

Route: Leopardstown to Celbridge (M50 - N7 provided there are no accidents on M50.........!):
Leave work at 4pm SHARP - home between 4.45 and 5pm
Leave work at 5pm - home between 6.30 and 6.45pm
Leave work between 6 and 6.30pm - home between 7.15 and 7.30pm

Following times are for my husband. Commute is from Gormanston Co. Meath to Bray Co. Wicklow

Up at 5.45am in at 7am - or up at 6.10 in at 8am (if hes lucky)

Finish at 4pm home at 6pm - or finish at 4.30pm home any time between 6.30 & 7.30 (depending on traffic)!!!

Back