Civil Service Exams

They are not renowned for getting those results out by the specified timeframe so be prepared to wait another few weeks. although hopefully they will prove me wrong!

Thanks! Fingers crossed we hear soon.

With the interviews, are they more flexible with dates (provided I am so lucky, which I doubt!). I'm away for a month in August on honeymoon...

results due out this evening or tomorrow according to someone who rang publicjobs over on the work/jobs forum on boards.ie.

yep the results are out, just got that cryptic email there!reasonably happy, came in the top 250 for the general open AO panel which isnt bad considering the amount of people that did the exams and as high as the top 60 in some of the various sub panels as i am a serving civil servant.still might not be enough to get through to the next stage but i'll wait and see.

I'm not a serving civil servant but fall within that general group as well. Bit disappointed in that I ranked 34th after round one 2 years ago (when the Junior Diplomat job was EO) and have slipped somewhat this time.

Wonder how many they're taking to round 2? Last time it was 1-198 according to the email I got after round 1 then. Why is the mail way more vague this time?

Any idea how many people did the tests this time, 2 years ago it was between 5-6,000.

yep the results are out, just got that cryptic email there!reasonably happy, came in the top 250 for the general open AO panel which isnt bad considering the amount of people that did the exams and as high as the top 60 in some of the various sub panels as i am a serving civil servant.still might not be enough to get through to the next stage but i'll wait and see.
I only got one ranking despite applying for two different positions AO General and IT. Is this right?

Yeah got my ranking - top 40 for one position (sub-division) and top 100 for another.

Anyone any idea how many they call to interview?

And... I too didn't get any response re the Junior Diplomat role, only the AO.

I came in top 220 for AO general... What happens if two candidates get the same score? (v likely)
220 doesnt seem to be that good a score.

I came in top 220 for AO general... What happens if two candidates get the same score? (v likely)
220 doesnt seem to be that good a score.

I know it's a bit disappointing to see a number that seems high but 220 of many thousands is brilliant. Wonder when we'll hear more?

Whooo, just got another e-mail placing me in the top 100 for another panel.

Hope that's enough to get an interview.

Just got another email too - ranked really well in the Foreign Affairs competition. They're calling 1-185 for stage 2, anyone know when these tests are likely to take place?

I came in at close to number 500 in the third secretary comp.... out of that one then! AO is the one I want anyway... didnt apply for the subdivisions...

Got just outside the top 100 (104) in one and 201 in the other... was hoping for better as I usually do well in those type of tests. When it gets to having the skills to do the actual jobs - that's where I have the problems! :)

I'm dreading the group exercise for the Diplomat thing, last time it was a nightmare! Still, I'm glad to have made it this far again and will give it my best shot!

For the Junior Diplomat my email says they are calling people ranked 1-185 for Round 2.

The AO email is very cryptic and says nothing about round 2 so I guess we wait to hear? According to public jobs, the AO job process is a 4 stage one and seems more complicated than the Junior Diplomat even though that is also at AO level?

Wow, you all did so well...
I wasnt even within striking distance for 3rd Sec. Good luck with the next round (for 3rd Sec that is...;))

Back