BoI Laser Termination Date Confirmed: Jan 31st 2012

Basically, yes. Retailers (online and otherwise) who accept Visa cards will accept Visa Debit cards.

Yea! .. that's good news as I've often had problems with my laser online and don't have a credit card ..was just researching the prepaid Mastercard from Moneybookers but now will ask at my bank about these visa debit cards first and when I'll be issued one.

Bcommercial -- see my post number 36 , on tuesday 14th i had an e mail from bank of ireland head office , they will start rolling out the visa debit card from march 2012 till august 2012. i dont know about aib but i heard they will be starting in may , but i cannot confirm that. i can confirm the b, o ,i info.

Bcommercial -- see my post number 36 , on tuesday 14th i had an e mail from bank of ireland head office , they will start rolling out the visa debit card from march 2012 till august 2012. i dont know about aib but i heard they will be starting in may , but i cannot confirm that. i can confirm the b, o ,i info.

Thanks...rang local AIB branch and was told they'd be introducing them initially as a pilot, eg for staff first, and hoped to have role out for all by year end.

my laser card will expire at the end of this month . last thursday 9th i went to my local branch of b o i and asked would they be sending out a visa or laser card the girl i spoke to told me that a new laser card was in the post since tues 7th. when i asked her about visa debit she told me i would have to contact head office , which i did as reported in post 36. after a week when it still hadnt arrived i went back to the bank because i was worried in case it got into the wrong hands,. i was told it takes about 10 days to process a card and it goes to a central area for posting etc. ithen asked him would it be a visa debit card he answered i hope so.

I can't see how they would be issuing Laser cards at this stage. They are says the changeover is over the next few months.,

well koolkid i will post the result when the card arrives in the next few days . my daughter was in her local branch of ptsb today enquiring about a visa debit card and a teller told her the maximum amount she could take out per day was 500. when she went home she looked up the website and under faqs it states 700 its there for all to see , i dont know how these people are trained.

Well 2 new cards arrived this morning both Laser ????
No doubt 2 more new cards will be issued in the coming months.
Nice to see how the banks are still wasting our cash.

Update:
Just off the phone to BOI.
They say they don't know when the roll out of VISA is happening. So they are continuing to issue laser.

were you on to h/o or your local branch , ? as i emaild their head office card section last week and was told through email that they were going to roll them out between march and august this year as i have posted earlier .

Is there a list anywhere of what retailers are accepting contactless payments for Visa Debit?

i recieved my visa debit card today having recieved a new laser as recently as 21st february , my went to the bank and asked; if we lost the card and someone found it and used it for a few 15 euro purchases on the contactless system who would be liable for the money, and the girl she spoke to said we would . she then asked my wife if she would like to change it , and added that she changed hers. my wife was in a hurry so she told the girl she would call back tomorrow . does anyone know if one can get a visa debit card without the contactless facility on it .

Back