Best SUV

I have a an 06 Toyota Rav4 diesel is very economical and a beautiful drive, leave it on 4x4 fulltime and fab road holding and power, I believe the petrol model isn't as impressive?
My neighbour had a brand new petrol Suzuki Grand Vitara and it was a hugh disappointment to him, he traded it back in after 6 months a lost a packet.

I have a an 06 Toyota Rav4 diesel is very economical and a beautiful drive, leave it on 4x4 fulltime and fab road holding and power, I believe the petrol model isn't as impressive?

Roughly how many mpg are you getting with the rav 4...its just they are so dear!

My neighbour had a brand new petrol Suzuki Grand Vitara and it was a hugh disappointment to him, he traded it back in after 6 months a lost a packet.

1) Leaving a car it in 4X4 mode will not help with fuel consumption.
2) Anyone buying a brand new car and trading it in in the first year will lose a packet. Most new cars devalue between 20 and 30% immediately you drive them out of the showroom

The better SUV's will have higher 2nd hand values. When I went looking for mine, I was considering the Grand Vitara, and the Hyundai Santa-fe.

From a pure resale perspective, stick with your Toyota's, Nissans, Mitsubishi's and Honda's.

If you're buying new, you may as well wait until july when the cardon-emissions take effect. They don't apply to vehicles already registered.

If you don't like the Nissans, I can recommend the Mitsubishi Pajero.

1)
If you don't like the Nissans, I can recommend the Mitsubishi Pajero.

OP you could even consider the (new model) Mitsubishi Outlander. Priced around 37k new. They are around a year now so you might be able to pick up a second hand one for less than 30k. 2 litre VW engine will give about 38-42mpg and should be v. reliable. Forget the old model, only available in 2.4l petrol.

VW have just released the Tiguan. Another to consider and Ford are bringing out something later in the year

Back