Best Dublin city location w/kids under €420k

Re: best < Dublin > city location w/kids under €420k

The Chili Banana Thai restaurant on Drumcondra Road Upper is lovely as is Il Corvo a few doors down.

I can see that's handy from Whitehall but it's not quite in it either, from the point of view that Cabra is not far from the city centre or stoneybatter which has two nice eateries I'm not sure I'd consider that an advantage. Not being smart just technical!

You're right. There are not many restaurants in Whitehall itself per se, but it's a very small area and very close to the bars and restaurants of Drumcondra, Santry, etc.

In terms of amenities within a five minute drive, it beats Stoneybatter and Cabra hands down.

what - isn't the phoenix park (walking distance from both cabra and stoneybatter) a great amenity?

can't say I agree with you Bupapest but it's not for us anyway for a superstitious reason, everytime we had a recce around that area we had a row!

moneygrower

It appears to be a buyers market at the moment and prices continue to drop so you may be very lucky and find a lovely home in an area you thought you couldn't afford.

Good luck with the viewings

Hope you find an area that does suit you, moneygrower. Not sure you will find a property in your price range in Marino, but if so, I'd pick it over all of the areas mentioned here. As culchieindub says, you might be lucky.

There are no restaurants in Whitehall itself per se,

Mr Kwans Chinese Restaurant is in whitehall

foxylady do you think whitehall is nicer than old cabra or are you including west cabra also?

I thought West Cabra was Old Cabra. Anyway Most of the houses in Whitehall have extremely long back gardens and you are only approx 4 miles to city centre if even that from there, with several bus options, 41, 3, 16, 33 & 746. Shopping centre close by include Omni and Artane Castle. Cinema in the Omni Shopping centre. Primary School in Larkhill and Beaumont which is ten mins away and also secondary schools in the close vicinity.

I have just done a search on my home - I included only areas that I would live in myself. and in the search came up a house in Finglas east glasnevin north €425K - near where I live - really nice area - near town and schools, parks and shops close by:) P

Good luck....

So if you are buying its Finglas East and if you are selling its Glasnevin North? Is that how it works Pinkybear? :D

Depends on who you talk to!!! :D - Finglas east to us :) But it is a nice area - despite what people may think..

That's just it,you need to visit areas and not eliminate them based on people's hearsay really.

Check this house out [broken link removed]=

wow foxy lady that's cheap! If we were leaning towards whitehall that would definitely be very attractive. We have to sell our one bed apartment before we buy anywhere, it's not even on the market yet, we are going at a tortoise pace. We are thinking of renting for a while it will give us more much needed room and means I can probably stay at home with our wee baba for a bit longer. We can see how the marke goes then, we could end up with more choice in a year's time.

as far as I know, old cabra is from Newgrange Road down as far as Quarry Road and from Fassagh Road to Cabra Road. Extended houses in good condition there seem to be selling for around €410k at the moment.

My recommdation for a place close to Dublin city centre is Palmerstown - it's only 6 miles from city centre. Suggest you read the other thread on this area today. I've included info today on why I think it's great for families (been living there for 10 years and have 3 boys).

For OP

spotted this house & thought of you.Not sure if location is ok but I think you would like it

For OP

spotted this house & thought of you.Not sure if location is ok but I think you would like it

[broken link removed]

Re: Best Dublin city location w/kids under €420k

looks like a modern corpo estate from the design of it, price a bit too good to be true. Ta for thinking of me!

Last edited:
Back