Bank Deliberately Went Out of Way To Misinform Client

Ireland.1

For obvious reasons I do not want to name the institution.

I have been reviewing the case file of a an individual who had been seeking legal and accountancy advise on their mortgage. Neither solicitors nor accountants wanted to take up the case and seek an agreement with the bank. Having brought to the attention of both sets of professionals umpteen discrepancies.

Could you please advise how the bank can be formally approached in explaining why they went out of their way to misinform their client that they were protected under MARP. One particular banker made a comment along the lines of "tell them very little" and "don't give the game away that they are protected under MARP"

You might also want to clarify if your engagement with this person is a professional engagement?

Ireland 1.

From the little you sent , it appears customers word against Bank Official.In that case experience tells me Mr Bank will deny/fudge. You can go through Banks internal Complaint process.

Apologies my post was quite vague.

I have absolutely no professional knowledge in accessing mortgage cases. I was asked by an individual to briefly look over their case file, that they had asked the bank to present them with.

They saw umpteen descriptiveness within the file and sought professional advise because the bank were not being very cooperative. Professionals didn't want to know so I was asked to throw my eye over the file.

I was shocked by the deliberate misuse of power by bankers that were involved in the case file whereby they wrote notes to one another explaining how they could not understand how the couple had got themselves into so much debt, don't tell them they are protected by MARP etc. etc.

All of the above is in writing so they do have proof.

It jumps out that in WRITING you have Bankers stating your customers are NOT to be told they can get some protection under MARP.
I suggest contact Bank and ask(in writing and keep a copy) to be put into their Resolution Process.
There are other good threads on the Marp type processes in Ask About Money.
On EVERYTHING to do with THIS Bank , note and copy it .Try to keep things in writing as notes can,t be denied.Try and avoid phone calls or face to face meetings unless you have a 3rd Party Present.
Also do not be surprised at Banker antics!

Good Luck.

Back