Are there couples who decided not to have kids?

One thing always bothers me though, young girls who have no idea how a kid should be raised (possibly of their own crappy upbringing) having a few (possibly by different absentee fathers) kids in a few years and getting state support/benefits/housing and rearing a brood of utter scumbags.

Speaking of whick I see Byanka is back in Eastenders with 4 or 5 kids in tow all by different absentee fathers...

One thing always bothers me though, young girls who have no idea how a kid should be raised (possibly of their own crappy upbringing) having a few (possibly by different absentee fathers) kids in a few years and getting state support/benefits/housing and rearing a brood of utter scumbags.
Speaking of whick I see Byanka is back in Eastenders with 4 or 5 kids in tow all by different absentee fathers...

Art imitating life...

We're not a developing country.

Em - I never said we were a developing country. I was just pointing out that Flax's comment 'but do you ever think about how there are too many people in the world and how this is destroying our environment?' had some merit. "The environment" does not mean "Ireland".

Em - I never said we were a developing country. I was just pointing out that Flax's comment 'but do you ever think about how there are too many people in the world and how this is destroying our environment?' had some merit. "The environment" does not mean "Ireland".
As with most things in life context is everything. Ireland is not overpopulated. We are talking about people having children in Ireland. If the OP lived in parts of India or China then the point about over-population would be pertinent. They don't so it's not. Europe, and the EU in particular, has a major problem with aging and declining population. We should be having as many children as we can.

Europe, and the EU in particular, has a major problem with aging and declining population. We should be having as many children as we can.

A declining population should be seen as a good thing not a bad thing. Western Europe (Ireland apart) is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. Sustaining the current and projected world population in the long term is just not feasible.

Back