Are Budapest developers still ripping foreigners off?

So? Surely there is more than one Damien Kelly? And more than one Ray Nugent? etc.

Its a bit naive to assume that every property investor has their own webpage, or can be readily found on the web.

Have you any evidence to back up your claim that the above testimonials are invented? This is a serious accusation to make.

Have you any evidence to back up your claim that the above testimonials are invented? This is a serious accusation to make.

It's also a serious spelling mistake in their header. ;)
(& this for perfectionists as FitzGerald Davitt & Davitt pretend to be)

For the rest - it seems pure PR talk with a name under.
Of course there's more than one Damien Kelly... & Ray Nugent seems to be someone who really loves to testify...

I put a PS in bold under my post - so I hope FitzGerald Davitt & Davitt can clear this out.

For the record: I never did any business with FitzGerald Davitt & Davitt or Autoker.
I only received some of their mailings. But knowing all the problems Autoker is having, I would not have the guts to use an expression as "hassle free"!!!

So you have no evidence that the testimonials were invented, just your hunch that "it seems pure PR talk"?

In that case, I suggest you should withdraw your accusation.

So you have no evidence that the testimonials were invented, just your hunch that "it seems pure PR talk"?

In that case, I suggest you should withdraw your accusation.

Ubiquitous, I can understand your point of view & as you suggested I removed my PS and the links to the persons.
There's still enough irony in the text, as such...

PS> For a 'real estate' guy, mr. Ray Nugent spends a lot of money on agency fees...
[broken link removed]
Maybe he should start reading aam...

thunder99,

Whats it like to live there? I've always thought of making the move?

Honestly... It's a mixed bag. Life is a bit more laid back, your Euro goes a bit further, a lot less rain than at home in Kerry, easy to get around the city.

On the down side, it's hard to make friends here and somedays everything feels 'Grey and dreary'.

Not a country I'd like to get old in, but not the worst place on earth to live.

Honestly... It's a mixed bag. Life is a bit more laid back, your Euro goes a bit further, a lot less rain than at home in Kerry, easy to get around the city.

On the down side, it's hard to make friends here and somedays everything feels 'Grey and dreary'.

Not a country I'd like to get old in, but not the worst place on earth to live.

Bit cheeky as I'm not sure if your male or female, but what are the women like?!

Do they make themselves available to the Irish or Brits like me?

They are really beautiful I have to say!

Yeah they are.

I'm married, so it's been a couple of years since I've been on the pull. For me personally, I always had better luck meeting girls just doing normal day to day stuff. If you go to the normal pubs/clubs that tourists/stags/etc go to, your chances would be the same as in any other city.

Beware of women/girls who approach you in the street though (sometimes they work the clubs/bars too) or you'll end up getting ripped-off in one of the consumption bars.

It's certainly not an easy country to live in. Things take much longer to sort out. Bureaucracy is astounding and there is virtually no concept of customer service or social politeness. However, I love living here and the positives totally outweigh the negatives. The pace of life and the locals I've met are great. Once you can speak the language somewhat, your experience of being here is much improved. I thought the level of English spoken would be much better before coming here, but the standard is really low compared to Northern Europe.

I was surprised at the level of spoken English here as well. I was even more surprised at the number of times people went crazy and started shouting "I am Hungarian, I only speak Hungarian" at me.

I was surprised at the level of spoken English here as well. I was even more surprised at the number of times people went crazy and started shouting "I am Hungarian, I only speak Hungarian" at me.

:) I know the situation all too well.
What's even worse: people who tell you in perfectly good English that they don't speak English.

As Magyar is only spoken by 10M people, you see a lot of locals who live on an island because they don't speak any other language. They have ****ty jobs, feel lost when they travel abroad, ... You would become frustrated for less!
Sometimes I have the impression that the old generation speaks better German than some young people English (of course not al of them).

Interesting article on English teaching..............

[broken link removed]

Few spaniards can speak English too although I do like them very much, they have all the right values which we seem to have lost in the UK.

As Magyar is only spoken by 10M people, you see a lot of locals who live on an island because they don't speak any other language. They have ****ty jobs, feel lost when they travel abroad, ... You would become frustrated for less!
Sometimes I have the impression that the old generation speaks better German than some young people English (of course not al of them).

Isn't that because the older generation had to learn Russian as their second language ? I found the younger people very happy to practice their English on me, when I asked for directions.

As for German, I was told by one guide that Hungary became a meeting point for German families who had been separated east & west to meet up on holidays.

Mind you my experiences are just from trips over & not actually living there. They might be more forgiving of tourists !

Are Budapest developers still ripping foreigners off?
Please try to stay on topic.

aj
(moderator)

Back