Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Oh thats brill, you must be so excited. I cant wait to be at that stage. Best of luck with the move. I drove in last night when I was passing, and it looks like quite a few people have moved in.

Hi Suzy,

Just to let you know that my solicitor was just onto me. We're ready to close thank god! But then bad news followed, my engineers report came back, and there is a leak from the boiler into the utility, and things need to be repaired/replaced/painted. Cant believe it, but am very glad my sol insisted on getting the engineer. More delays, and for god knows how long as I could be waiting a while for the builders to get a move on this.

Hi Dylanjohn,

That's awful. Have you any indication how long it's going to take to get it fixed.

Suzy,

Nope, no idea. Apparently not too long as the builders are still on site, but who knows. Im seriously annoyed over this. But I am debating on asking my sol to close anyway, Id rather have the keys and be working on other things in the house, as Im going to be waiting for the builders to come in anyway.

To be honest Dylanjohn I wouldn't close until the work is done because the council will probably put more pressure on the builders if they are still waiting for their money. Where as if you close the won't care when it is done.

Ya I know, I think thats what my sol is gonna say aswell. And yer prob right, but I really really want to get my keys!!! But realistically Id say Ill have to wait for the work to be done first.....

Hi all,

I'm wondering how long the process is from the offer to actually getting keys?

Thanks for your help

HI Pinkstars,

I think it was October/November I got the offer, and Im still waiting on my keys. But most other people got their keys already so Id say roughly it could take about 2-3 months.

Hi Dylanjohn,

Any joy with getting an idea of when the work will be completed?

Hi Suzy,

Nothing yet, in the end I just told my sol to close, so Im hoping to have the keys before Friday. I spoke to the council about what needed to be done, and it seems the houses are being sold as is, so basically its on the good will of the builders fixing the problem, whether its for me or the council. So as soon as I have the keys Im going to start getting onto the builders myself and hope for the best. Its so frustrating!!

I presume your in now and settled etc. Hows it going? Do you like the estate?

Oh thats brill. I drove into the estate a couple of times and its seems nice and quite, but theres still a lot of houses unoccupied. And theres a creche being built aswell which is great

Yeah its grand and quite, I think the keys to the ones around the back were given out last week. Will you be able to do much now when you get your keys or will you have to wait for the repairs to be completed first?

Well Im going to move on everything as soon as Im in there, flooring tiling etc. And hopefully the leak isnt too bad, Ill have to wait and see once Im in there. I dont think it'll be too big a job to fix I hope!

Congrats to Suzy and dylanjohn on the houses. I hope you get your keys soon dylanjohn. I am so happy for you. Even if you had a few setbacks dylanjohn you are getting there. You'll be in before you know it. Congrats again both of you!

Back