Advice please on personal loan with bank.

oosoom

I have been in a dispute with a bank for the past number of years regarding a personal loan and they are now referring the matter to their legal department.
Firstly I have tried to resolve the matter directly with them, In November I offered to pay them 7000 euro as a short settlement, the outstanding balance was 9000 euro. They declined this offer I made by letter and enclosed a copy of the credit agreement that I had signed. I noticed a couple of things on the credit agreement that I would appreciate advise and opinions on.

The date the agreement was signed by the bank was on the 03/08/06, I signed it on the 14/08/06. Does this affect your right to withdraw from the agreement at any time within 10 days of receiving this agreement or a copy of it as outlined on their credit agreement.

I also noticed that the agreement was altered by them regarding contacting me at work.

Would appreciate advise.

Do I read you right?

You are looking for a loophole to get out of paying a debt?

I'd be interested to see what the legal eagles say to you?

Can you give more background? The difference between €7k and €9k is very little in the overall scheme of things .... hard to see how an arrangement couldn't be entered into.

Do I read you right?

You are looking for a loophole to get out of paying a debt?

I'd be interested to see what the legal eagles say to you?

Can you give more background? The difference between €7k and €9k is very little in the overall scheme of things .... hard to see how an arrangement couldn't be entered into.

Firstly It is not my intention to find a loop hole to get out paying a debt as you stated in your response. For the past 4 years I have always made my repayments but since Dec 2010 I have found it more difficult mainly as a result of not having a guarantee income due to the fact that I own my own business.

I borrowed 13,020 some years ago at an APR of 22.8%. The total amount to be repaid is 27,153.84. I have made in total so far 51 monthly payments of 323.26.

The first issue at the time I had involved the APR and after much discussion with them at the time (hence the reason for the gap in the dates on the agreement) I decided to take it with the intention of paying off the loan when my SSIA came through, I tried to do this but was unsatisfied with the redemption figure they quoted as early settlement.

As per the agreement i had set up my standing order for the 2nd of each month. Each month for a about a year I got a letter to say that my account was in arrears that the date of payment was the 15th of each month. I requested a statement and seen where they charged a number of late fees to my account.

And now since December 2010(first time account has gone into arrears) i get at least 2 calls per day from them when I am at work. I have asked them a number of times to write to me they told me that I had given my consent for them to contact me at work. I never did this was clearly altered by them.

I rang them yesterday to say that I had lodged a cheque into my account that should take 3 - 5 working days to clear. This will cover the two missed payments for both December and January as well as the Feb payment. The caller was quite rude and asked me if I could ask somebody for 323.26 as an immediate payment. I told them I was unwilling to do this and they then started told me that i have until Monday to get the payment to them or they would refer the matter to their legal department.

Back