Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Re: Two ads that are really getting on my wick...

A new ad (actually two more!) getting on my wick:

- the one on TV for the oven cleaning bag thing: "so easy, even a man can do it"; and
- the one on the radio about the two women talking about whether one of them got engaged, she didn't and the guy talked about some investment product, so yer-wan says she told him she was pregnant, for a joke, like.

It's guff like this that actually seriously boils my blood. There's much more wrong with those than our poo-ing friend at Paul's (although really it's so ridiculous when you see the kid and mammy inhaling the sweet post-poo scent at our fragrant friend Paul's gaff....)

The one thing that REALLY annoys me at the minute is the little piece of 'music' (really like a string instrument being strummed) at the end of anything to do with Avonmore.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

God yeah drives me nuts! So annoying!

Avonmore, seemingly we don't get enough sun and purchasing their product is the answer!

Or any of those VHI adds with that sugary sweet voice.
It makes me ill.

Nice to see this thread resurrected again!

I like the new National Lottery advert, with the Elvis soundtrack and the tugboats making the rainbow on the Liffey!

Kildare Village. That is all.

+1 Why the American accent.

Also the woman strolling through a store in a dream like state....I think Homes by Hickey.

The five stampeding girls on the West Coast Cooler ad. West Coast Rose, It's showtime.

I have a particular hatred for ads (both radio & TV) where the UK version is deemed appropriate for the Irish market. I can picture the scene where the marketing dept decide to use the same dub for two different territories to save a few quid. But one particular one that I can't fathom is the one for Stillorgan shopping centre - why the kid has an English accent, in an obviously Irish ad, is beyond me ??

Also if I ever meet Harvey Norman in a dark alley only one of us is coming out alive...

Also if I ever meet Harvey Norman in a dark alley only one of us is coming out alive...

ye wha' mayte ! Lets talk it awt over a couple tinnies of castlemaine xxxx . Chuck another Koala on d barbie whyle yer at ayit. :D

go compare - please please, is there a strong guy out there who'll make the opera singer shut-up? willing to provide false alibi
injury lawyers - the self-righteous expression on the face of the actor makes me want to punch him in the face

go compare - please please, is there a strong guy out there who'll make the opera singer shut-up? willing to provide false alibi
injury lawyers - the self-righteous expression on the face of the actor makes me want to punch him in the face

But the bit with Friday on the beach exonerates all the rest.

Back